Tell Ken Schram to eat a fat 8=D!!!!

jon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone bitching about cyclists in general can eat a fat 8=D.

I'm surprised I haven't heard this one yet: 'It's so not fair, they're using the road and not paying the tax on gas that funds the road!'

What's more, fuck anyone who wishes the cops on anyone else in general. (There are exceptions to this statement, but I think it is an infinitesimal percentage of the whole of cop-sicking happening out there.)

Ursa_Eagle said:

what do you want the bikers to do? Not take a left on red, and sit at a stoplight for 10 minutes because the bike isn't big enough to trip the sensor? I agree that there are certain rules that bike should follow (and some bikers don't), but there are others that just don't apply.

So you're saying that it's OK for bikes to run red lights, and then when they get hit by a car, it's the driver's fault cause bikers can't be blamed?

Just because biking is PC due to the 'environmentally friendlyness' factor doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye upon what they do.

Ursa: so what you're saying is: it a PERSONAL decision whether a bike should run a red light? I've never heard such bullshit. By your reasoning, a car would be allowed to run a red light, too. But noooooo, if a car does that, they get a ticket. rolleyes.gif

this from my mailing list:

Police trap near rose garden!!!! Expect a class B violation chapter 811

traffic ticket for $175. One officer sits daily and gives out a ticket every day

to bicyclist who ride through the bus lane near the max at rose quarter. I

have been watching every day after 5PM since my ticket and count 10 tickets

given to bike riders every day. I am fighting this trap. While people are

dealing drugs on burnside cops are busy watching bike commuters. People who have

tickets speak up.

Ursa_Eagle said:

I never said that either. The bikers who blatently ignore the rules that are in place to keep them safe should get ticketed before they get themselves killed. The bikers who ignore the rules that don't apply to them (and do so safely) are *NOT* the problem.

Hold up. What you're suggesting is for everybody to judge which laws apply to them. So if you're driving a sleek black Porsche should you be allowed to speed because "this car is meant to go faster than most, so it's safe for me to do so"? IIf you let some people break the law, then the entire system will fall apart. There's always some excuse, whether it's 'My bike doesn't trip the sensor' or 'I've got to get home for dinner'.

iain said:

this from my mailing list:

Police trap near rose garden!!!! Expect a class B violation chapter 811

traffic ticket for $175. One officer sits daily and gives out a ticket every day

to bicyclist who ride through the bus lane near the max at rose quarter. I

have been watching every day after 5PM since my ticket and count 10 tickets

given to bike riders every day. I am fighting this trap. While people are

dealing drugs on burnside cops are busy watching bike commuters. People who have

tickets speak up.

Ahh, so cops should focus on more serious crimes than traffic? Yeah. Tell the next cop who pulls you over. "Uh, sir? Yes, I don't believe you should give me a ticket. Why? Well, wouldn't you agree that your time would be better spent arresting REAL criminals? Like bank robbers or drug dealers? Isn't that a good idea?"

rolleyes.gifmoon.gifrolleyes.gif

All the pro-biker arguments presented here are based on the false premise that bikes are somehow more special than cars. Why should the car stop for the stop sign and the bike shouldn't? Why should the bike be allowed to ride on the wrong side of the road? Why the double standard? Both are vehicles that share the road. If they're on the same road, they should follow the same laws.

BTW, nice troll, Jon.