Fer all you democrats out there,

Sphinx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

j_b said:

you are playing semantics games PP, and you sphinx you are pretty good at insulting people but way short on supporting your arguments.

Depends if I want to present a decent argument. If the person I'm arguing against is boring, dull, or stupid, I tend to spray more than debate.

Check the bike laws thread for examples.

Sphinx said:

here's a quote:

"A zebra does not change its spots." -- Al Gore

yellaf.gif No wonder he lost. yellaf.gif

He probably did it on purpose. Mixing metaphors is standard wit fare for some people. rolleyes.gif

He didn't actually "lose" the election, as they didn't count all the ballots in Florida. The election was rigged. thumbs_down.gif

marylou said:

Sphinx said:

here's a quote:

"A zebra does not change its spots." -- Al Gore

yellaf.gif No wonder he lost. yellaf.gif

He probably did it on purpose. Mixing metaphors is standard wit fare for some people. rolleyes.gif

He didn't actually "lose" the election, as they didn't count all the ballots in Florida. The election was rigged. thumbs_down.gif

Prove it. Both sides cheated, I seem to remember several dead people voting for Gore. Get over it.

j_b said:

you are playing semantics games PP, and you sphinx you are pretty good at insulting people but way short on supporting your arguments.

Sorry J-b your insults are BS. You made clear claims that I believe something that I do not. (eg while you consider impeachment for lying about an aspect of one's personal life a good thing ) I asked for evidence supporting your assertion and you reply with an insult. I call BS on that. I am not playing semantics [sic] games but have tried to stick close to the issue. Others, you included, have consistently confused the arguement by bringing in issues and facts outside of the discussion at hand. Fine, you can widen the argument as somekind of tactic but when I challenge one of your assertions and you respond in the manner of your last response to me, I can only view it as a childish whine. Again I ask you to show me your evidence supporting this claim - you [PP] consider impeachment for lying about an aspect of one's personal life a good thing. Until you can reveal the evidence indicating I feel this way, your comment remains merely a gratuitous insult. I was a bit mocking in my response but you have assigned beliefs to me that are not only wrong but created out of thin air. That assignation and creation is certainly a greater insult to the public discourse than my gentle mocking.

So come up with the supporting proof or kiss my ass and shut the fuck up.

(See trask I do deserve to be part of your good guy list)

PP bigdrink.gif

j_b said:

where? confused.gif

Or here J-B::

“i did not bring up clinton. i brought up the fact that you dismiss false statements made while justifying a very costly war (human and financial costs) to a cautious public, while you consider impeachment for lying about an aspect of one's personal life a good thing”

Again ask you to provide evidence supporting your assertions about my beliefs.

From your consistent refusal to provide this evidence a simpleton would think I would have to make the choice between “lying” and “incompetence” but I say it is both!

PP

iain said:

Puget, the fact is, it was spoken, I saw the interview, and for something of that magnitude to be said and not corrected, well I guess it's all Russert's fault then.

"We know that based on intelligence that he has been very, very good at hiding these kinds of efforts. He’s had years to get good at it and we know he has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. I think Mr. ElBaradei (Atomic Energy Commission) frankly is wrong."

That's good enough for me, from seeing the interview, and I am certain Cheney chose the word "reconstituted", often used incorrectly but interchangeably with "refined" or "reprocessed" carefully for the added effect of the potential mislead.

be·lieve ( P )

v. be·lieved, be·liev·ing, be·lieves

v. tr.

To accept as true or real: Do you believe the news stories?

To credit with veracity: I believe you.

To expect or suppose; think: I believe they will arrive shortly.

in Webster

Main entry: insult

transitive senses : to treat with insolence, indignity, or contempt

either you are being ridiculous or you can explain specifically how you were treated with insolence, indignity or contempt.

are you going to challenge me to a duel now? rolleyes.gif

j_b said:

in Webster

Main entry: insult

transitive senses : to treat with insolence, indignity, or contempt

either you are being ridiculous or you can explain specifically how you were treated with insolence, indignity or contempt.

are you going to challenge me to a duel now? rolleyes.gif

Ok Your consistant refusal to answer my repeated requests for your evidence supporting this assertion:you [PP] dismiss false statements made while justifying a very costly war (human and financial costs) to a cautious public, while you consider impeachment for lying about an aspect of one's personal life a good thing”

And I would add you comment here as well:are you going to challenge me to a duel now?

Ah the idignities I have suffered.

madgo_ron.gif

PP bigdrink.gif

i am not refusing to answer your question. but first, i want to clear up this thing of me insulting you because it seems you are attempting to obfuscate the discussion.

in webster

main entry: indignity

1 a : an act that offends against a person's dignity or self-respect : INSULT b : humiliating treatment

can you elaborate on how what i said offended your self-respect or how it was a humiliating treatment?

j_b said:

i actually agree but ...

anyhoo some good news: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1962053

thumbs_up.gifrockband.gifthumbs_up.gif

'bout time those corporate media bitches at FOX "news" got the appropriate slap. Don't gigantic corporations have anything better to do than sic their legal departments on individuals? Nice to see that they stepped in their own pile of bullshit.