• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny Quotes from Gore

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

-- Vice President Al Gore, 9/22/97

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

-- Vice President Al Gore, 9/5/93

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

-- Vice President Al Gore

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

-- Vice President Al Gore, 9/15/95

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[it's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

-- Vice President Al Gore, 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"

-- Vice President Al Gore, 12/6/93

Funny Quotes from Dubya

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

-- George W Bush, 9/22/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

-- George W Bush, 9/5/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

-- George W Bush

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

-- George W Bush, 9/15/95

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

-- George W Bush

"[it's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

-- George W Bush

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

-- George W Bush

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

-- George W Bush, 5/22/98

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'"

-- George W Bush, 12/6/00

rolleyes.gif

Bush's poor grammar, misplaced metaphors, and overall lack of command of the language are only embarrassments to US citizens abroad. What is more important is the flat-out lying (or at best, lack of mutual understanding) going on in the administration about important things, such as:

"I don't believe anyone that I know in the administration ever said that Iraq had nuclear weapons."

—Donald Rumsfeld, Senate appropriations subcommittee 5/14/03

"We believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."

—Dick Cheney, Meet the Press, 3/16/03

...WTF? and this is not lying about banging the intern in the oval office, it's about nuclear holocaust

Take sides:

Tree hugg'n limp wristed liberals on the left

Oil drill'n steal your money Nazi dictators on the right

If you are way left or way right you are part of the problem!

I NEVER vote for someone that runs on a platform of slaming and not there past preformance.

Give me freedom and money in my pocket or give a new smak talk'n mofo

iain said:

Bush's poor grammar, misplaced metaphors, and overall lack of command of the language are only embarrassments to US citizens abroad. What is more important is the flat-out lying (or at best, lack of mutual understanding) going on in the administration about important things, such as:

"I don't believe anyone that I know in the administration ever said that Iraq had nuclear weapons."

—Donald Rumsfeld, Senate appropriations subcommittee 5/14/03

"We believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."

—Dick Cheney, Meet the Press, 3/16/03

...WTF? and this is not lying about banging the intern in the oval office, it's about nuclear holocaust

Your Cheney quote is so out of context the it must either reflect ignorance or a willing lie.

Transcript

From the transcript, it seems clear that Russert did not even blink. This is because Cheney mis-spoke, and Russert knew it. Russert had asked whether Iraq had a nuclear program; earlier in the interview, Cheney had asserted his belief that Saddam had "reconstituted these programs since the Gulf War."

With this response, Cheney managed to substitute "weapons" for "programs," but it is clear from the context what he meant. Later in the show, Cheney also said this: " ... over time, given Saddam’s posture there, given the fact that he has a significant flow of cash as a result of the oil production of Iraq, it’s only a matter of time until he acquires nuclear weapons."

PP bigdrink.gif

thumbs_down.gifWith the exception of the Zebra doozie, all of the quotes attributed to Gore were originally miffed by Dan Quayle (who was working the China connection for K2 last I heard.)

At any rate, you’ve gotta figure that anyone who talks as much as politicians do is gonna slip up once in awhile. And Bush, in his own faux-folksy way, makes it work for him. Whether it works for us is a question we’ll have to answer next year.

Jim said:

He mis-spoke?? On Meet the Press! No way. It was all very calculated. Just as the "yellow-cake" nuclear material was a calculated lie to get people scared.

LOL You crack me up. I say read the entire interview buy a video. You make assertions based on nothing. I say provide evidence. I have linked the transcript and will let others decide.

Puget, the fact is, it was spoken, I saw the interview, and for something of that magnitude to be said and not corrected, well I guess it's all Russert's fault then.

"We know that based on intelligence that he has been very, very good at hiding these kinds of efforts. He’s had years to get good at it and we know he has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. I think Mr. ElBaradei (Atomic Energy Commission) frankly is wrong."

That's good enough for me, from seeing the interview, and I am certain Cheney chose the word "reconstituted", often used incorrectly but interchangeably with "refined" or "reprocessed" carefully for the added effect of the potential mislead.

If you want a broader context how about the lies of the State of the Union address, the lies to the United Nations General Assembly, the constant lies during the PR campaign about the Iraqi threat. I think in that context the intent is clear.

And that quote about Gore and zebra spots is good!!!

What I am saying and honestly I thought it was quite clear whas that the example given was not supportive of Ians contention in any meaningful way. Many times (often while on a climbing trip) I have been in a discussion and mispoke or had a friend say something in error but given the context of our discussion we let it pass because we took the error for what it was. I believe this is the same situation. That is what I am saying.

PP

That's fine, and I understand what you mean. But do your casual conversations have observers numbering in the thousands and involve accusing world power players of nuclear development? Generally I would speak more carefully in those circumstances. And I would say his little blurb is cavalier, at best, if not a deliberate lie. It becomes more glaring today as we still wait for the evidence to arrive. I believe it will arrive, but it will fall far short of what has been drilled home by our president's cabinet.

iain said:

Puget, the fact is, it was spoken, I saw the interview, and for something of that magnitude to be said and not corrected, well I guess it's all Russert's fault then.

"We know that based on intelligence that he has been very, very good at hiding these kinds of efforts. He’s had years to get good at it and we know he has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons. I think Mr. ElBaradei (Atomic Energy Commission) frankly is wrong."

That's good enough for me, from seeing the interview, and I am certain Cheney chose the word "reconstituted", often used incorrectly but interchangeably with "refined" or "reprocessed" carefully for the added effect of the potential mislead.

Ok I wont argue with you. Although since I never disputed the quote, merely the context, I am surprised you expanded the quote a bit but not enough to improve the context. Esp given my attempts to provide a context which you ignore completely. Do you really think your expanded quote provided a better sense of context?Again interested parties can read the entire transcript and judge for themselves.

PP bigdrink.gif