New Smith Rock Guide!

EWolfe

wayne1112 said:

I am waiting for : World Peace, My personal flying car(Those comics promised!), The real Nicole Simpson killer, and the new Smith Rock Guide.

The new Smith Rock Guide,Sasquatch, and Weapons of Mass Destruction were last seen traveling arm in arm with Dorothy,Toto,and Osama bin Laden in search of 5.17,weightless pro,termination of FeeDemo,nationalized Universal Climbing Support,and ice in the Columbia Gorge. wink.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually an update sheet you can buy from Redpoint based on the NEW guide! Already people are putting sweet routes up. It's pretty detailed, kinda like a supertopo. The fixed nut is gone from p.4 and the update printout you can buy has this indicated!

Watts has been quite busy,

• 5 months later...

I was perusing the latest issue of Rolf & Lice yesterday, and in the article on sport climbing, they said Alan just finished the new guide thumbs_up.gif

Soon, the rest of you gapers will see what DFA, Dru and I have been enjoying for months!

fruit.giffruit.gif

I was perusing the latest issue of Rolf & Lice yesterday, and in the article on sport climbing, they said Alan just finished the new guide thumbs_up.gif

Soon, the rest of you gapers will see what DFA, Dru and I have been enjoying for months!

fruit.giffruit.gif

It already out. I got mine at USOutdoor Store in Portland a month ago. It is awesome!

I got a second copy at US Outdoor too last week. They said they are now sold out so you will have to wait for another shipment. Nice to not have to flip through the lawson supplement thingy. That photo on the cover is sick!

I call TILT on the photo of him in the dihedrals. Look at the safari cap - the suspicious angle of the neck shade gives it away. Regardless, the admiring rabble at the base of the route IS impressive. A sea of beige shirts and polypro demanding the send, pens at the ready to get their FOTH books 'graphed by the legend once the chains are clipped in victory and the margaritas flow freely from the hand-cranked blender.

Awesome, I can't wait to see it!

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Fuckis wrong with Falcon?

Nothing.

Jason Martin and I also considered Falcon if the deal with Mountaineers Books didnt work out. The reality is, as an author, you are psyched when any publisher is interested in taking your project, let alone the publisher of your choice.

Publishers know enough to know that most guidebooks do not make (much) money. Never going to be a best-seller. So always a risk. True, Smith Guide will sell more copies of something obscure, like, say Washington Ice: A Climbers Guide, but be happy Falcon took the project and you don't have to deal with copies from .JPGs off some Internet site or something.

Alex

You guidebook whores! Throwing away your older, dirty, and scribbled to hell guidebooks. Just because you want to put a little check by the new 10 gallon bucket entry into your "new" guidebook is sad. It was bad enough when you scrounged for that red thing with Lawson crap in it. Oh, and that "Wherever I may roam" is a disgrace to the metallica song. Classic my ass, its a medoicre climb of the gumbic proportions.

You guidebook whores! Throwing away your older, dirty, and scribbled to hell guidebooks. Just because you want to put a little check by the new 10 gallon bucket entry into your "new" guidebook is sad. It was bad enough when you scrounged for that red thing with Lawson crap in it. Oh, and that "Wherever I may roam" is a disgrace to the metallica song. Classic my ass, its a medoicre climb of the gumbic proportions.

Now this statement is sooo true from the first word to the last period.

I'm going to be climbing on Sat too. I have relatives coming down from tacoma so I hope the spring flingers will be ok with a half day or so from texplorer. I figure its better to give a half day than none at all. Yes, I'll be climbin on Sunday too. Maybe I'll get on crossfire again or sunshine di if I'm feelin endowed in the juevos.

I'm going to be climbing on Sat too. I have relatives coming down from tacoma so I hope the spring flingers will be ok with a half day or so from texplorer. I figure its better to give a half day than none at all. Yes, I'll be climbin on Sunday too. Maybe I'll get on crossfire again or sunshine di if I'm feelin endowed in the juevos.

Cool, we'll stop by and give a shoutout if we see ya. fruit.gif

• 1 month later...