Car prowlers--what do they carry?

marylou

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must carry some sort of lock puller because that's how they broke into Ray's car on Sunday night in the MIDDLE OF A PAYED AND HEAVILY LIGHTED PARKING LOT in Pioneer square. They had to be fast. Stole his stereo (target) and snatched my pack with my rock climbing gear, not to mention my excellent rasta bivy kit. Fucking WANKER CRACK-HEADS!!!

I don't think the cable is so hard to cut. A few years ago (and maybe even now) the city of Seattle was giving out free gun locks... basically a cable lock. I inadvertantly forgot the key whilst hunting one time near Sloan Peak and managed to snip each individual wire with wire cutters while at the car. It was a bit hard and time consuming, but well worth doing considering the long drive back to Seattle otherwise.

I don't remember where or when, but there was a time in my life where high school padlocks were relatively easy to break...

I'd think if someone couldn't cut the cable, they could cut the pack to get to the goodies much like the gas station would-be-robber could shoot through the wall, underneath the bullet-resistant glass. Sadly: where there's a will, there's a way.

This thing's pretty cool, it's got the cable piece and lock to lock the top of the bag, and then the same weave as a Pac Safe for the body of the bag, except it's laminated in fabric. I don't think the thing is completely bomber by any stretch, but one more layer of security is always a help. thumbs_up.gif