Mascots

adventuregal

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisiana-Lafayette used to be the Ragin' Cajuns. Don't know if they had to change that due to cultural sensitivity or anything. In probably the first official case of PC Stanford changed it's mascot from Indians to Cardinal way back when. As in the color, not the bird. Not much imagination there for such a nerd school. Purdue are the Boilermakers. And then there's the Indiana Hoosiers, although I have no idea what the hell a hoosier is. They you got you're Ohio State Buckeyes, which near as I can tell is basically an acorn. What is it w/ those BIG 10 schools, they got some goofy mascots.

nolanr said:

In probably the first official case of PC Stanford changed it's mascot from Indians to Cardinal way back when. As in the color, not the bird. Not much imagination there for such a nerd school.

And they have some dude dressed as a tree for the mascot running up and down the sidelines. Figure that one out. confused.gif

Dan_Harris said:

nolanr said:

In probably the first official case of PC Stanford changed it's mascot from Indians to Cardinal way back when. As in the color, not the bird. Not much imagination there for such a nerd school.

And they have some dude dressed as a tree for the mascot running up and down the sidelines. Figure that one out. confused.gif

One of the funniest things I ever saw was the Gonzaga Bulldog mascot lifting it's legging and pretending to take a whiz on said tree from Stanford. yelrotflmao.gif Meanwhile the Zags bounced the highly favored Cardinal out of the NCAA Tourney back in '99 (I think that was the year). thumbs_up.gif