Mascots

adventuregal

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPI: Engineers (do they have to stop and work out the math for optimum speed, angle, and spin before making a pass?)

and many years back my middle school principal wanted to change our mascot from the warriors to the "Applepickers"... luckily, he went with our suggestion of "Hawks"

adventuregal said:

In another thread, it was brought up that the Tillamook high school mascot is the "Cheesemakers". Mine was the 'Gremlins'. Any other goofy mascots out there??

I must have missed that class in high school wink.gif oh wait, seems like we had a way to get out of class for spirit something, but I just went and smoked evils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gifevils3d.gif

It's not quite a mascot, but since somebody brought up rallying cries: there's a college in Kentucky I believe named Austin Peay (pronounced like pee), and their slogan back in the 70's was "The fly is open, let's go Peay." I think the administration frowned on that one. yelrotflmao.gif

University of BC sports teams are the Thunderbirds.

Back in the day they had a mascot contest. THE PEOPLES CHOICE for mascot and team name was Seagulls but the coaching staff vetoed it because they hought Thunderbirds was more masculine and aggro and all. thumbs_down.gif

Ratboy said:

There's a town in Texas called Medina Valley that whose mascot is the Fighting Gobblers. yellaf.gif

And VA Tech also uses The Fighting Gobblers as the official school mascot, but everyone who's anyone calls them Hokies! grin.gif

yah yah yah, I know what you're all gonna say, "WTF is a Hokie anyway?" confused.gif

ehmmic said:

Dan_Harris said:

U.C. Santa Cruz Banana Slugs. Go Slugs, slime 'em cheeburga_ron.gif

Okay Dan. Now we've got two intersections...central CA and the slugs. When were you there?

I played against them in soccer a couple of times in college. Never went to school there, not my style school. grin.gif Beautiful campus though.