Stolen Rack Recovered on Broadway

hollyclimber

Climbers-

I came across a clearly stolen rack today on Broadway in the Capital Hill Neighborhood of Seattle. I was able to purchase this full free climbing rack from the theives.

I would like to find the rightful owner.

If you have recently (or who knows really how recently) had a rack stolen, please contact me with a description. The owner will be able to successfully describe their own rack, I am sure of that.

Holly Beck

rodeoswissy@aol.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly,

Our car was stolen on July 20. My wife and I didn't lose a whole free rack but we lost a couple harnesses with the standard lockers and ATCs, we also lost two Taiga down sleeping bags, two pairs of La Sportiva CLiffs, altimeter, running shoes, trail shoes, several nice jackets (Mountain Hardware, Arc Teryx, MEC). We figured aroubnd $4,000 total loss. The car was recovered minus the gear. We live in Nepal and were just home visiting for the summer. Can you advise where you purchased the gear so I can send a friend over to look for the remainder of our stuff.

Its not like that...

some street punks stole this rack. They were selling just the rack, with the cams, nuts, etc spread out all over the sidewalk on Broadway in the Capital Hill neighborhood. If there was other stuff, it was sold a different day because I came upon the scene just as it was starting up. While the seller was doing something in his car, I talked to his friends, who basically admitted to me that it was all stolen (which wasn't necessarily since it was clear). I bought it immediately for the asking price and didn't ask any questions (actually I did, but I got conflicting lies in response and gave up).

Sorry can't help you with your stuff.

Holly