Wonderland Trail in 48hrs?

mr.radon

I spoke to an ultra-marathon dude I met on the trail who had done the western states 100. He made it sound like doing the Wonderland in under 24 would be a walk in the park (relatively speaking), even self-supported. He said something about a "Plain 100" here in WA that is self-supported and a bit harder.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Western States Endurance Run is a point to point, with 4000 feet of net descent (18,000 up, 22,000 down), which I guess makes it easier than the Wonderland, except that it goes to a higher altitude. I thought that the regional 100 miler was about the same. It's true that the 24 hour goal for a 100 mile trail run is very middle-of-the-pack, so far as organized events are concerned. But I'd still be very pleased with myself if I could do it.

Ursa_Eagle said:

Pencil_Pusher said:

How is the Wonderland in comparison, as far as the vertical gain/loss? Radon stated 24k of gain/loss but how much is gain?

It's a loop, you start and end at the same place (at least that's what I was assuming.)

Therefore, 12K gain 12K loss. thumbs_up.gifwave.gif