Best indoor gym

dyno_merchant

quote:

Originally posted by dyno merchant:
by the way... i'm scared every time that eric enters a post. i feel like he's the cc.com bully.(or maybe i'm just a pussy!)

hardly bro i am the nicest person on the planet....ask anyone.....

this is what my mom told me....

being a realist is hard....cause sometime reality aint nice....

p.s. dyno would you please spell my name correctly. thank you so very much for doing that, my family and i greatly appreciate it....again thank you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by dyno merchant:
hey feature climbers...

i think all gyms should have small features here and there but some gyms go overboard. if there's tons of features on a wall and you can climb it without holds at 5.10, 5.11 or even 5.12 or 5.13 don't you think that limits the wall. if you can climb a wall with only features then how long will it be before your bored with it and then the gym will need to retexure their walls again. why not just use holds. there are awesome screw on features and footholds that you can get now that can take the place of these "soon to be boring" features.

by the way... i'm scared every time that eric enters a post. i feel like he's the cc.com bully.(or maybe i'm just a pussy!)

I am the cc.com bully. Now shut up and bend over here comes the dyno mad.gif" border="0 Up walks the Gimp. Enough said.......

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

• 1 month later...

Currently SG seems more like a field trip gym, with a nice bouldering section... Lots of kids, less serious attitude than VW (except in the bouldering section, and the way long overhanging ceiling lead)

They have a couple hands cracks in the TR/Lead areas, have not gotten a chance to try 'em yet cause I belay for my membership (volunteer belayer program -I'm a cheapskate, what can I say) and have been out tromping about in the snow and ice all winter... The spackle is a nice step up, and the holds are still reasonable clean. They have stopped grading in the YDS, and call everything a + or - (5.11+) - = a/b, + = b/c.... I guess this is sort of okay, since there is such variance in gym routes anyway, but a little disconcerting the first couple times till you figure out what you a really on smile.gif" border="0 (I guess in my mind there is a big difference between a 10a and a 10d, even in the gym - not just "one grade" apart...)

I really like Cascade crags, and would even purchase a membership there, if it were not so far away from me. I like the staff attitude, or lack thereof, the pro shop, and like the fact that they have a foam and mix wall for us tool junkies... I give them my "single visit" money smile.gif" border="0

gyms serve as "rocks" when the rest are wet...they all suck if you think its rock climbing...even mine sucks but it's better than pullups....with enough pot and beer it can even be fun for more than 20 minutes...guess what, the rocks are wet and i'm gonna build a fire and pretend i'm climbing.....

quote:

Originally posted by cappellini:
gyms serve as "rocks" when the rest are wet...they all suck if you think its rock climbing...even mine sucks but it's better than pullups....with enough pot and beer it can even be fun for more than 20 minutes...guess what, the rocks are wet and i'm gonna build a fire and pretend i'm climbing.....

that's right cappewheenie prentend you climb....hahaha...maybe when you stop being a mr fixit you can climb for real [Moon][Moon][Moon] BTW its sunny as heck in bham and im going bouldering cause i can't go real climbing myself...yes..school almost over...think i can make it to wed rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:
IMO seattle is full of attitude, and if you can't lead 5.11d, they look down on you.

Yeah, don't you hate that? Here's what you do: climb up an adjacent route (doesn't have to be 5.11), and then you'll notice they no longer look down on you. They'll look over at you.

I have only been doing the gym climbing thing for about 4 months now, but since I have been jobless, I have been able to contribute 2-3 nights a week at a gym. I have only been to the VW seattle,, Redmond, and Cascade Crags.

IMO seattle is full of attitude, and if you can't lead 5.11d, they look down on you. The staff is really cool though in my dealings with them. VW in Redmond is just not that challenging. I found it real interesting that I could send many of their routes that I would not try elsewhere. Cascade Crags is so close to me, and they lack the attitude, so I have been quite happy with them to this point. I actually got a membership there, and have enjoyed many of the routes (not all of them)- which they do change quite frequently.

my .02