Parrot up in a tree

catbirdseat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, spurring or gaffing up a tree you aren't going to kill is considered aid among tree climbers, and a generally nasty habit. However, throwing a rope over a limb up high in the tree and pulling yourself into the tree with the help of the rope is considered free climbing wink.gif

I won't hold you to professional standards CBS. wink.gif

this thread would be so super in THE NEW TREE CLIMBING FORUM

C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

O: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

O: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's pining for the fjords...

If it's a hardwood you're climbin, be sure to set those spurs deep lest you be makin curly-ques all the way down. An hit the trunk, not yur leg. Like climbin a rock, you'll do well to relax and trust those feet. Lean back into the lanyard and watch where you put those spurs. Best of luck.

Just as a cat, I have never seen a dead bird perched in a tree. You'll get the spurs, climb the tree and by the time you get to the top you'll have flushed it out.

Then, you'll be stuck up there. yellaf.gif

I think the dry icing technique was a better idea.

Have fun Catbirdseat. Hmm...... this catbirdseat is all starting to make sense. yelrotflmao.gif

Bug said:

If it's a hardwood you're climbin, be sure to set those spurs deep lest you be makin curly-ques all the way down. An hit the trunk, not yur leg. Like climbin a rock, you'll do well to relax and trust those feet. Lean back into the lanyard and watch where you put those spurs. Best of luck.

Relaxing and trusting your feet is the only right thing you said there.

slamming your spurs in too hard makes them harder to pull out, and the only time I ever look at my feet is when I'm spurring up a hardened dead tree.

AlpineK said:

Bug said:

Relaxing and trusting your feet is the only right thing you said there.

slamming your spurs in too hard makes them harder to pull out, and the only time I ever look at my feet is when I'm spurring up a hardened dead tree.

Hmm. OK. I wasn't able to get the spurs very far into the hardwood I was climbing. Getting them out was too easy. But I've only climbed one and hated it. As for not looking at his feet, would you really recommend that to someone who hasn't had spurs on? Just curious. Don't be offended, I've only climbed for cones.

A fat ugly woman moved into a new apartment next to a pet shop. Every morning she'd have to walk out in front of the pet shop to get her bus stop, and every morning the parrot sitting in the window would say, "Squawk...you are the fattest and ugliest woman I've ever seen!...Squawk"

After about a week of this, the fat ugly woman walked into the store and screamed at the owner, within earshot of the bird, that if parrot said that one more time she'd buy it just so she could kill it.

The next morning she walks in front of the pet store and looks in the window menacingly. The bird looks back and says, "You know:"

Figger_Eight said:

A fat ugly woman moved into a new apartment next to a pet shop. Every morning she'd have to walk out in front of the pet shop to get her bus stop, and every morning the parrot sitting in the window would say, "Squawk...you are the fattest and ugliest woman I've ever seen!...Squawk"

After about a week of this, the fat ugly woman walked into the store and screamed at the owner, within earshot of the bird, that if parrot said that one more time she'd buy it just so she could kill it.

The next morning she walks in front of the pet store and looks in the window menacingly. The bird looks back and says, "You know:"

Call me stupid, but I don't get it.

I got home from a bike ride and had just put my bike away when I heard the bird squaking across the street in the park. I went over there and it turned out he was high in a big cedar tree. Fortunately, there were branches low enough that I could reach them while standing on the fence. I climbed up about 30 ft and there he was. He hopped on my finger and up to my shoulder and stayed there as I climbed back down. He's back in his cage eating like a horse. Poor little Booger. No more outside trips for him until his wings are clipped.