Cool toys at the '03 Summer Market.

freeclimb9

But I've compiled his comments on the MIOX pen in case anyone is pressed for time and can't read the whole thread:

Beck said:

the Miox pen (this thing works GREAT! I field tested it for MSR when it was being tested FOR the military , this thing makes chlorine dioxide out of table salt, an electrode, and a tiny electric current-

size of a magic marker and easy to use, you can even use it in complete darkness without needing extra illumination...

the jury may be OUT, but the US military is DOWN with the miox...

but all chemical treatments require that time, mary biglou, this is an innovation in the delivery system.

well, wouldn't cha know, the miox pen brews up sodium chloride solution

and this is a time tested aspect of municipal water treatment as well...

but you are right mary lou, sometimes you really want to filter the water, because it's so ugly.

like drinking out of mud puddles...

so, the miox pen is one of the true innovations from summer market,

people already using chemical treatments, will like the long term reliability and ease of use of the Miox pen. I've tested it in the field before the military got theirs, and can say, the MIOX pen is a real innovation! from summer market this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sphinx said:

What's your point? I don't like Beck, but I'm not liking you either. Your immature pissing-rights battles with Beck are childish and lame. Give it a break. Jesus Christ! thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif Just shut up for once. You're the whiniest person on this board.

no shit, she's the goddamn bitch from hell

Cracked, back when you were a wee one, or maybe even before that, the water in the mountains was considered safe to drink. Nowadays we have to worry about Giardia and its buddy Cryptosporidium in these parts. They are both cysts, pretty bomber little things that will mess with your lower GI if they get in there. You want to take your chances, well that's your choice, but you might want to do some reading on the subject so you can make an informed choice..

Crackbolter said:

What is a water filter? I thought the water was good as long as it was from a cool creek. What did people do back when there wasn't a filter? Did they really use iodine?

I still use Iodine, and much prefer it over the filter. Clorox is a viable alternative, too.

The MIOX water purifier is a cool little gadget, but I think I'll wait a couple years until they get some of the bugs worked out...who knows, maybe they did a good job with it the first year???

Another thing that really caught my attention was the new Trango gri-gri style belay device...half as big as the Petzl Gri-Gri, half the weight...sick! Petzl also came out with the "Reversino," a belay device that specializes in usage with twin ropes- so ropes from about 7.5mm to 8.2mm...sweet!

Mountain Hardwear also had an amazing new single wall four season tent that weighed in at about four pounds...this thing is fucking nice.

Arcteryx, as usual, was the shit...such nice stuff. La Sportiva had the Testarossa- sick shoe, tested it on the climbing wall....Five Ten has a new Anasazi slipper, kind of cool- did away with the Anasazi Mesa, and now has the Anasazi Southwest...cool shoe for sure. Grivel had some cool packs, and their ice axe leashes were fuckin' sweet!

BitterSweet (a bouldering company out of Logan, UT) had some cool crashpads, and some new chalkbags...all cool stuff...overall I thought the show was fun, it's always fun running into all the sponsored climbers as well...

trask said:

Sphinx said:

What's your point? I don't like Beck, but I'm not liking you either. Your immature pissing-rights battles with Beck are childish and lame. Give it a break. Jesus Christ! thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif Just shut up for once. You're the whiniest person on this board.

no shit, she's the goddamn bitch from hell

Disagree. But the immaturity of her pissing fights with Beck get on my nerves.

Ryan said:

Arcteryx, as usual, was the shit...such nice stuff

What in particular really rocked yer dome there? I thought they used some nice fabrics in sort of unimaginitive ways, like the Bora pack with heavy new fabric and the lightweight packs made of Polyant, but with the same old molded back panel.

Tell me what I missed there, because I was prepared to be dazzled.

AlpineK said:

Beck said:

...interesting, mary lou knows i don't attend the market, yet she PMed me for contact info about the MIOX pen for an article she's doing...

nice two face gurl!

who cares. rolleyes.gifyellowsleep.gif

Second that. Have a pissing fight via PM, you two are taxing everyone's patience.

Sphinx said:

AlpineK said:

Beck said:

...interesting, mary lou knows i don't attend the market, yet she PMed me for contact info about the MIOX pen for an article she's doing...

nice two face gurl!

who cares. rolleyes.gifyellowsleep.gif

Second that. Have a pissing fight via PM, you two are taxing everyone's patience.

Third strike - you're out!

Go have your pissing match by PM and just let us know who won! boxing_smiley.gif

hahaha.gif

but it makes such a nice change from fairweather vs j_b over climate stats or political whatever wave.gif i mean they are getting nasaty and snide and quoting pms and airing dirty laundry! SOMEBODY's gonna get "outed" before long if this keeps up evils3d.gif