• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the comment letter tips! Here.

[…]

This is the kind of comment the Forest Service can respond to:

“The upper mountain often closes due to poor conditions. When this happens, my friends and I usually go home early because there is not much terrain on the lower mountain. Therefore, Timberline needs more terrain on the lower mountain.” (Example of substantive comment)

[…]

More terrain on the lower mtn…

What’re they gonna do? Bring in fill?

Thanks, Iain.

What's next?

[...]

“The lower mountain often closes due to poor snow conditions. When this happens my friends and I usually go home early ‘cause there’s no lift to the summit and we’re too lame to climb. Therefore, Standinline needs more terrain near the summit.”

[...]

Brilliant! fruit.gif

But seriously, I don’t see how this lift does anything for T-line wrt terrain. It might help with the lines for a little while, but the “if you build it…” factor would kick-in almost immediately. Curiously, ski areas on Mt Hood never consider solving this problem by selling fewer tickets.

iain said:

despite the lack of fun terrain at timberline, I like the laidback atmosphere much better than at meadows. meadows is more interesting, but I wind up being pissed off there too often.

If (and thats a big if!) they've got snow - Ski Bowl has some of the best terrain up there. And it's relatively scene free. That's the if they get snow.