Wild Sky Wilderness Act

cman

The Wild Sky Wilderness Act had been proposed to turn areas near Index and Gold Bar into wilderness areas. Also Mt Baring would be included in the wilderness.

http://www.wawild.org/wilderness/sky_country_proposal.htm

I am interested in the developing climbing areas near gold bar, the bouldering and Zeke's wall. from the map i cannot tell wether these areas would be included in the wilderness proposal. Also if they are what impact would it have on the development of these climbing and bouldering areas, including Mt Baring.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

catbirdseat said:

For bouldering about all you need is some scrubbing. That probably isn't even mentioned in the statute. Besides, you can't "unscrub" a route once it has been cleaned the_finger.gif.

if it goes a few years without being climbed, it unscrubs itself pretty damn good. cry.gif

Dru said:

catbirdseat said:

For bouldering about all you need is some scrubbing. That probably isn't even mentioned in the statute. Besides, you can't "unscrub" a route once it has been cleaned the_finger.gif.

if it goes a few years without being climbed, it unscrubs itself pretty damn good. cry.gif

especially here... what is that one at index? hag crag or something? i went there and it was haiiiiry lookin last year... hellno3d.gifyellaf.gif