RADIOHEAD WILL SAVE THE PLANET!!!

wayne

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You kinda need to do Radiohead in order or their progression may be too weird if you jump ahead too much. Skip the first (Pablo Honey) cuz it sounds too poppy and single-oriented (has a few great songs). The Bends (2nd) rocks but OK Computer (3rd) is better and is the one that every critic creamed their pants over. The next two (Kid A, Amnesiac ) are both equally weird but great after listening to a lot. The new one (Hail to the Thief) is great and a little easier to like. Wit that said, buy OK Computer and Hail to the Thief - fill in the blanks later.

I didn't really get their greatness until I saw them at the Gorge two years ago - like seeing the Stones in '72, Led Zep in '74, Talking Heads in '81, or Ween in '99 - fucking amazing! Radiohead plays Vancouver, BC 8/30 and White River (Auburn, WA) 8/31. Both are sold out I think but I suggest killing for ticket. If you can't get one, I recommend Ween in PDX 9/30-31 - just announced.

Doug_Hutchinson said:

You kinda need to do Radiohead in order or their progression may be too weird if you jump ahead too much. Skip the first (Pablo Honey) cuz it sounds too poppy and single-oriented (has a few great songs). The Bends (2nd) rocks but OK Computer (3rd) is better and is the one that every critic creamed their pants over. The next two (Kid A, Amnesiac ) are both equally weird but great after listening to a lot. The new one (Hail to the Thief) is great and a little easier to like. Wit that said, buy OK Computer and Hail to the Thief - fill in the blanks later.

I didn't really get their greatness until I saw them at the Gorge two years ago - like seeing the Stones in '72, Led Zep in '74, Talking Heads in '81, or Ween in '99 - fucking amazing! Radiohead plays Vancouver, BC 8/30 and White River (Auburn, WA) 8/31. Both are sold out I think but I suggest killing for ticket. If you can't get one, I recommend Ween in PDX 9/30-31 - just announced.

Favorite quote from the new Ween disk:

"The wheels fell off, the bottom dropped out, the checks all bounced, I came in your mouth" yelrotflmao.gif