Soft Shells Suck!

cracked

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, jay B , wb-400 ROCKS! mid winter in the cascades. i used it quite a bit last winter, it is super, super strechy, warm, and breathable... i loved it. my briefs, the bibs, and a layered soft shell top were all I needed moving fast up to 10,000ft midwinter.

there are so many versions of schoeller now, it

cantfocus.gifboggles the imagination! (I'm wearing schoeller dryskin as i post this!)

Edited by Beck

it is very similar to powershield, but about three times as strechy, which I found very nice, i've got big mountain mid winter bibs that fit and perform more like tights.

they do not do well in rain, but in snow conditions, wow.

60 mph ground blizzards and ice storms, they were the shizzle.

slogging uphill on hood predawn to get some early tracks, worked great.

definetly. the cascades can be cruel cruel taskmasters to anybody.

but these are great in the cold.

WB-400 is a perfect winter in the rockies weight soft shell.

Beck said:

the cascades can be cruel cruel taskmasters to anybody.

Your hyperbole makes me yellowsleep.gif. Sounds like you wish you were hard, buy you aren't. yellowsleep.gif You hiked up HOOD! OMFG, can I lick your boots? Yeah, winter is tough all right...good thing you're tuff enuff to HANDLE IT! yellowsleep.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Sphinx said:

Beck said:

Your hyperbole makes me yellowsleep.gif. Sounds like you wish you were hard, buy you aren't. yellowsleep.gif You hiked up HOOD! OMFG, can I lick your boots? Yeah, winter is tough all right...good thing you're tuff enuff to HANDLE IT! yellowsleep.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

STFU Sphinx. Like him or not, Beck's been at this shit hardcore longer than I imagine you've been alive. Give it a fucking rest already. BTW, where's YOUR fucking climbing resume, chump? moon.gif

trask said:

Sphinx said:

Beck said:

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

STFU Sphinx. Like him or not, Beck's been at this shit hardcore longer than I imagine you've been alive. Give it a fucking rest already. BTW, where's YOUR fucking climbing resume, chump? moon.gif

Where's YOUR resume? Chump. the_finger.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif I haven't ever read a TR by Beck about something technical. yellaf.gif

iain said:

I'm telling you, schoeller has been around since saturday night fever, travolta's pants are fine alpine threads

I'm waiting to buy a matching white schoeller jacket to go over a black polypro shirt and complete the ice cream suit look.

Staying alive, staying alive

Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh,

Staying alive, staying alive

fruit.gif

i have been scoring killer softshell pants at thriftstores for years...there are several varieties but the most common are called dockers....100% performance fabric, allow freedom of movement, and best of all they look great, particularly the ones with pleats and cuffs...oh yea they come in a winter (with wool) and a 3 season variety (all poly)........in all seriousness these pants make the most comfortable climbing pants........

cappellini said:

i have been scoring killer softshell pants at thriftstores for years...there are several varieties but the most common are called dockers....100% performance fabric, allow freedom of movement, and best of all they look great, particularly the ones with pleats and cuffs...oh yea they come in a winter (with wool) and a 3 season variety (all poly)........in all seriousness these pants make the most comfortable climbing pants........

Do you complete that early Yosemite hardcore climber look with the tattered white dress shirt?

cj001f said:

cappellini said:

Do you complete that early Yosemite hardcore climber look with the tattered white dress shirt?

yup he does. hahaha.gif

my soft shells today for light rain and 60 in the icicle canyon and the tumwater (nice new routes, boys! excellent work on the nut house and puzzle palace!!!)

tan stretch knickers of dubious vintage and a heavy cotton button up shirt with collar, but not white! too much grubbing today, i reserve the white shirts for up in the enchantements...