call.

Damn women drivers !

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, those evil SUVs, they makes drivers even more stupid. rolleyes.gif

Pulled up to red light once and saw a quite animated converstion in sign language from the car next to me. Do not know who was deaf, driver or passneger, but the conversation continued as we pulled away with the green light. shocked.gif

MissNormandy said:

I did deserve it. I broke the law.

Not necessarily so, MissNormandy. Do you know the law?

My wife, a former Seattle area LEO, quotes the law to me as follows: "If you cross the stop bar (the white crossbar at the front of the line of the intersection) on the leading (closest) side of the intersection before the light turns red, without accelerating to beat the light, you are within your rights to occupy the intersection while in transit."

As long as you didn't "gun it" to get into the intersection before the light turned red, or stop in the intersection after the light turned red, the officer has no right to ticket you for "not clearing the intersection" if you entered during the yellow phase of the signal cycle. While I don't know the exact circumstance of your particular situation, you may certainly have recourse in this regard.

I would research the RCW and find that law, make a copy of it, and go to court armed with that fact, and plead your case and you'll get your fine reduced, and possibly even have the case dismissed. YMMV.

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

Not necessarily so, MissNormandy. Do you know the law?

My wife, a former Seattle area LEO, quotes the law to me as follows: "If you cross the stop bar (the white crossbar at the front of the line of the intersection) on the leading (closest) side of the intersection before the light turns red, without accelerating to beat the light, you are within your rights to occupy the intersection while in transit."

As long as you didn't "gun it" to get into the intersection before the light turned red, or stop in the intersection after the light turned red, the officer has no right to ticket you for "not clearing the intersection" if you entered during the yellow phase of the signal cycle. While I don't know the exact circumstance of your particular situation, you may certainly have recourse in this regard.

I would research the RCW and find that law, make a copy of it, and go to court armed with that fact, and plead your case and you'll get your fine reduced, and possibly even have the case dismissed. YMMV.

I gunned it. I saw it turn yellow and I hit the gas. I never saw red but it's not like I was looking straight up as I went undet the light.

I'd rather just take responsibility for my irresponsibility and pay the $100, which they desperately need anyway, than go into court and look like a righteous whiny bitch trying to get out of trouble and then have the cop put in the tape and show the judge exactly what he saw, me hitting the gas to beat the light and not quite making it.

It could have been a lot worse than it was considering that my boyfriend did not have his current proof of insurance in the vehicle I borrowed, not to mention my inability to find my driver's license and the registration in my fumbling panic. The more I think about it, the more lucky I feel and the less resentful I feel towards all the people who told me, "I get pulled over all the time but they always let me go..."

MissNormandy said:

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

blah blah blah

As long as you didn't "gun it" to get into the intersection before the light turned red, blah blah blah

I gunned it. I saw it turn yellow and I hit the gas...

Well, then, by your own admission, you lose. Sorry. frown.gifmadgo_ron.gif

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

blah blah blah

As long as you didn't "gun it" to get into the intersection before the light turned red, blah blah blah

Don't be angry with me! It's my problem, not yours.

MissNormandy said:

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

blah blah blah

Where do you get that I'm angry with you? The "anger" graemlin was to signify that I'm angry for you, not at or with you. Yeeesh! rolleyes.gif

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

sobo said:

MissNormandy said:

blah blah blah

Where do you get that I'm angry with you? The "anger" graemlin was to signify that I'm angry for you, not at or with you. Yeeesh! rolleyes.gif

Oh ok. Well thanks I guess but I'm not angry anymore just regretful that I gunned it.

I'm getting really tired of these people with big Expeditions or whatever and their American flag stickers who drive like total assholes. I had this woman totally cut me off today and couldn't help to think how patriotic it was. rolleyes.gif

jon said:

I'm getting really tired of these people with big Expeditions or whatever and their American flag stickers who drive like total assholes. I had this woman totally cut me off today and couldn't help to think how patriotic it was. rolleyes.gif

Of course it's patriotic, jon, you're a whining liberal fuck who deserves to be cut off at any opportunity! hahaha.gif

even better is the jacked up jeep with the two HUGE flags billowing out the back (I think the guy ripped them off from some burger king or something). Usually seen flooring it towards a red light only to burn about 50 bucks of rubber off his mud boggers.

When the hell does school start again? the_finger.gif

Not soon enough. I was rear ended by a young man a few days ago. madgo_ron.gif The bumper of my car was fine (this is a true story - not a metaphor smirk.gif) but his front end was trashed.

The best part was watching mom - who was following behind his car - freak out on the cell phone. She was assessing how much damage she had to pay for while the young kid stood shaking with panic. Geek_em8.gif Poor guy.