South Dihedral/B'ham

Bill_Simpkins

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't beleive you cleaned that thing up. I cleaned it up about two years ago, during my first couple a trad leads (sketchy). Is there still that big loose block on the top? I geuss its good that the b'ham choss climbing is getting rejuvenated. There are apparently some other routes up there at ol' turtle rocks, have you checked them out? Also, if you've drove that far down chuckanut you must have checked out the stellar area known as Gov. Lister Cliffs thumbs_down.gif. though its super soft and loose I do find myself there a couple times a year. PM me if you want to explore some more, i could be motivated, god knows b'ham needs it. cool.gif

dude, I work out at a restaurnat on chuckanut and have drove by that thing before it was cleaned and it very much resembled a jungle. drove by today during a break from work, and it looked cleaner than i'd ever seen. thanks, i think. smile.gif

get on chuckanut somehow-just drive South from downtown Bellingham towards Fairhaven, i cant remember the street names but it is easy, or ask anyone. Drive Chuckanut for a long ways. The climb is on the left side of the road just before going across the bridge over the Samish river. It is right on the side of the main road, and it is easier to see if you turn around and head North if you miss it. Good parking right next to it. Never done it. it looks real good though as far as climbs around here go.

thelawgoddess said:

can you give me directions from the state street exit? (or whatever exit is best.) i might take a look at it tomorrow if it's quick enough. thanks!

TLG I'm not sure where your comin from. I'm assuming B'ham. Chuckanut drive is easy to find a little before the Alaska ferry in Fairhaven. If your comin up from the south it is easier to get off just north of Burlington (next exit after Krispy Kremes new shop) then just head north on Chuckanut drive the rock will be on your right part way to B'ham, really easy to see on the north bound.