How did you spend Thursday?

Scott_J

Great day for me. spent nearly 4 hours shooting very old school wood handle compound bow, newly made recurve and several long bow...everyone of these was made by a local guy that used to climb a ton of stuff here in the NW, Canada and Alaska.

I found out that I loved shooting the long bow better than my old school compound. So much so that I am going to build one when this fella runs his next long bow making class. Its like minimalist climbing. Fantastic way to shoot bow and arrow.

Anyone interested in this type of archery send me a PM and I'll send you his web site.

Have a good day. Sisu

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wrote 2 reports

and spent 4 hours looking at air photos of silverthrone glacier snout

and kept running to the window to see the snowbirds and blue angels warming up and practicing tricks for the airshow tomorrow. tomorrow we sit on the roof with beers and get the show for free thumbs_up.gif

sisu_suomi said:

Dru said:

Hey Sisu you ever shoot a crossbow? What's better?

Cross bow would be like using a cherry picker or a ladder for climbing.

Yeah but for getting a line over a tower for prussking up, do you think they'd be better than a bow and arrow?

MissNormandy said:

In AnalChem Lab doing a zillion dilutions for spectrophotometric determination of manganese by standard addition. My life sucks.

Oh, come on, lab jobs don't suck as bad as classes. Today was a decent day; the code I wrote actually worked for once. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I woke up at five AM, worked two hours on writing book, then rode 730 AM monorail to office and had breakfast with a columnist in my newspaper.

Then, up to the office (HUGE picture window, great view and people watching, free beer ALWAYS, new computer coming soon courtesy of mayor's office) to plot newspaper domination and have a quick beer with my boss admiring one of the best views in the city at 10AM, then, across the water to work 8 hours, selling gear to people, and now, back, writing... but I just thought I'd check in. Hows everyone doing?

MissNormandy said:

In AnalChem Lab doing a zillion dilutions for spectrophotometric determination of manganese by standard addition. My life sucks.

When I was in undergrad, I took Real Anal. I didn't have enough of it so I did Comp Anal. After all that Anal, all I could handle was Num Anal.

cracked said:

MissNormandy said:

Oh, come on, lab jobs don't suck as bad as classes. Today was a decent day; the code I wrote actually worked for once. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

IT IS A CLASS

MissNormandy said:

cracked said:

MissNormandy said:

IT IS A CLASS

Then I'd have to agree with your earlier assessment. pitty.gif

Flirted with C. Caveman on this here internet (still don't know if we're actually gonna go on a date or not -- keep those fingers crossed!) for a while; it was dreamy. Schemed about this afternoon's trip to go rock climbing ... outside tongue.gif. And then spent a couple hours trying to design a kitchen with the free 'IKEA Kitchen Planner' software, only to have the intractible bitch not save DFA's work. Stupid son of a crap. Not a bad day overall, though.