Sahale Glacier a good girlfriend route?

ryland_moore

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kklimber said:

Hmmm, I dunno Lummox. Where was your lazy ass when I went car to car on Olympus, the N. Ridge of Stuart (upper), Serpentine Arete, etc in a day? Different days that is laugh.gif There's some gals out there gonna smoke your butt, boy. And that was about 10 years ago, who knows what they are doing now??? Obviously, not you.

lets go. an ill try to be civil. an ill spit only when downwind. or is your name 'amber'?

• 2 weeks later...

So, we left extra early on Friday, hoping to score a permit up at Sahale Moraine camp. No Dice. A boy scout troop had 12 folks up there and the rest of the permits were gone by 9:30am. We thought about doing Balck Peak but my girlfriend decided we should do a day hike on Saturday since the weather was so bad, and then attempt a one day ascent of Sahale. This coming from a girl who has never hiked more than 6 miles in a day with no pack! Well, we got up early on Sunday and hiked up to the Moraine. I took all of the weight out of her pack heading up the terminal moraine. It was a beautiful day. We roped up and headed up to the summit. Very straight forward. Most folks didn't even have crampons or a rope. Good climb, but a long way to go. If the views were not as good, I'd say the climb/hike may not be worth it. Girlfriend did complain about sore knees and feet. 14 miles round trip. So, is Sahale a good GF route? If she is used to hiking long distances, yes. Other wise I'd say it is a good GF route IF you can score a permit and camp at Sahale Moraine!

ryland_moore said:

So, we left extra early on Friday, hoping to score a permit up at Sahale Moraine camp. No Dice. A boy scout troop had 12 folks up there and the rest of the permits were gone by 9:30am. We thought about doing Balck Peak but my girlfriend decided we should do a day hike on Saturday since the weather was so bad, and then attempt a one day ascent of Sahale. This coming from a girl who has never hiked more than 6 miles in a day with no pack! Well, we got up early on Sunday and hiked up to the Moraine. I took all of the weight out of her pack heading up the terminal moraine. It was a beautiful day. We roped up and headed up to the summit. Very straight forward. Most folks didn't even have crampons or a rope. Good climb, but a long way to go. If the views were not as good, I'd say the climb/hike may not be worth it. Girlfriend did complain about sore knees and feet. 14 miles round trip. So, is Sahale a good GF route? If she is used to hiking long distances, yes. Other wise I'd say it is a good GF route IF you can score a permit and camp at Sahale Moraine!

Hey! Right on! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Excellent work out for the day!

lummox said:

JoshK said:

lummox said:

as a veteran of many failed relationships i can say with high accuracy that you are entering a world of pain. you want a girlfriend alpine climb? take her to lake louise in canada and hike up to the teahouse. hear what im sayin?

I gotta agree with you here. I've come to the conclusion that trying to force my hobbies on others, whether a girlfriend or just a buddy, never seems to work. The problem is the things that I generally seem to fall for in girls don't often coincide with climbing interests. I guess I like typical 'city girls' or something. I guess I've sort of accepted that having seperate interests isn't that bad.

yea. and ive come to the conclusion that i lose girlfriends when i start complaining bout how fuckin lameass lazy they are and to hurry the fuck up cuz speed is safety and to stop bitching bout the exposure. i dont mix pleasures anymore. i dont even take women fishing wit me. i just tell them girls 'its called testosterone. deal with it and shut the fuck up.'

Lummox, you really ought to consider dating men. I'm not being snarky here, it's just that you apparently don't understand the female psyche. Seen it in male climbers before.

I don't know a lot of women who respond well to being told how "fuckin' lameass lazy" they are. You and I both know that no one who knows what they are doing is going to get into a sitch their partner/GF can't handle...unless THEY don't know what they are doing. Don't be silly!

yea. and ive come to the conclusion that i lose girlfriends when i start complaining bout how fuckin lameass lazy they are and to hurry the fuck up cuz speed is safety and to stop bitching bout the exposure. i dont mix pleasures anymore. i dont even take women fisting wit me. i just tell them girls 'its called testosterone. deal with it and shut the fuck up.' Sounds like Trask is your kind of buddy forsure. moon.gif

lummox said:

as a veteran of many failed relationships i can say with high accuracy that you are entering a world of pain. you want a girlfriend alpine climb? take her to lake louise in canada and hike up to the teahouse. hear what im sayin?

Oh come on. I took my wife up North Ridge of Baker for her first glacier climb. She'd never even been on a glacier or swung an ice axe. She climbed it in fine style, and as we were descending she mentioned that Coleman-Deming "looked pretty boring".

You got to give her props for that!