Eliot creek bridge

Gaper_Jeffy

The forest service alleges they are building a new bridge over Eliot creek. From their Website, "Hood River Ranger District, in conjunction with the Federal Highway Administration, will close Laurance Lake Road (FS Road 2840) beginning July 14 until August 28, 2003. The closure is for public safety while the Lower Eliot Bridge is constructed and the existing temporary structure removed."

Does anyone know where the new bridge will be? I know they say "Lower Eliot Bridge" however I visited the site of the old bridge Sunday and I did not see any construction in progress.

Are they constructing the bridge were the new "detour" trail crosses Eliot creek?

Gaper Jeffy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bridge replacement that is closing Laurence Lake road is on the road to Laurence Lake about 3 miles from Clear Creek Road. The road is gated at the spillway. I was up there 2 weeks ago and it added about 3.5 miles of road hiking to my Elk Cove trip madgo_ron.gif There was definately construction going on then cranes, dump-trucks and the whole nine yards!

This is a road and not a trail, so if your talking about a trail bridge thats being replaced then it would be something else. Contact the Forest Service and I'd hope they would be able to tell you exactly what and where is going on.

Craig