Oslo TR

Norsky

Just got back from a reunion in Oslo. I only got out one day for some fun bolt clipping with some locals. There's loads of awesome climbing right outside of the city. In fact, there's a subway station about 5 minutes from the cliff I went to! Imagine a 25 meter cliff just over vertical with glacier polished granite reminiscent of Petrifying wall. Anyone else have Scandinavia stories?

I hope to visit my cousin in Goteborg, Sweden to go bouldering on the island of Hono someday.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif

yellaf.gifJust fuckin with ya, Norsky. It does sound like an amazing place. It probably helps to have family there so you can mooch $10 beers off of 'em. I will check out Hono for you if I ever get around to reuniting with my kin folk.

First off, Bird you are a bastard.

Second, I spent 7 days climbing in Lofoten in 97. It is sooo awesome if you can handle the 10 hour train ride up to the ferry. We had bad jetlag, but who cares with non-stop light. Ed Webster has a great guide book for the islands. One highlight was topping out on "Svolvaer Gjeita" where you jump from one "goat horn" to another with major exposure. Huge granite coming out of the Norwegian Sea. Yes...I only had enough $$ for one beer the entire week. I gots loads of pics if I ever motivate to post em

cj001f said:

Norsky said:

I gots loads of pics if I ever motivate to post em

Is "Svolvaer Gjeita" on the cover of the Webster guide? That climb looks awesome - and I'd be interested in seeing those pics sometime

Yes, it's on the cover. It's a pretty easy four or five pitch 5.8. There's harder variations if you are so inclined. Like the book says, if you look down from the big jump move, you'll see the church with the conveniently located grave yard right below you! shocked.gif