what a weekend!

minx

the "swing me with your one arm" game.

more cross-training! yellaf.gif

I did some superfun 4WDing up to alpine. Then a short hike into the most beautiful little meadowed lake I have seen in a while. Then climbed a fun long rock ridge to a summit with the best views I have ever had. Tricouni Pk. rockband.gifs

Then hiked back down to the truck and realized I had the worst sunburn I have had since the time I was 11 and spent the day at the water-slides and afterwards my mom had to cut my t-shirt off with scissors because I couldn't move hellno3d.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fern said:

Then hiked back down to the truck and realized I had the worst sunburn I have had since the time I was 11 and spent the day at the water-slides and afterwards my mom had to cut my t-shirt off with scissors because I couldn't move hellno3d.gif

fern2629.jpg

yellaf.gif

Woke up at 5 AM Saturday. Spent 3 hours on the couch drinking coffee and doubting myself. Drove to Squamish. Shlepped 60 pounds of gear to the start of Merci Me. Rope soloed up through the first aid pitch of 10 Yrs After. Lots of hooking, so-so cams and some fun pin stacks. My better half called from the jungles of Costa Rica while I was cleaning the pitch. That made me happy.

Then I ran away.

Ended up surprising some friends on the summit of Winchester Mtn that night. Beautiful sunset and sunrise from a spectacular viewpoint.

Mt. Logan. I think that's my favorite climb at this point! With the exception of the bugs, nothing but pure fun the entire way.

Thursday: Leisurely boat ride, fun time kickin' it in Stehekin, shuttle busses, then hangin' out in camp.

Friday: sleep in, pack up, hike up almost to Park Creek Pass, stopping at every water spot along the way to either dunk shirts and hats or dunk entire selves. Hung out at last major water crossing for 1.5 hours, sitting in water, standing underneath waterfall, etc. Make it to camp and skinnydip in warm alpine lake.

Saturday: Climb Logan, extremely fun climb, decent exposure, great view, not very technical. Make it back to camp and go swimming in warm lake again.

Sunday: Pack out, shuttle rides, gorging at the bakery, beer in Stehekin, cards on the boat ride, then the long drive home.