Rope up for kids

David_Parker

I'm up for that weekend as a start. If the real one gets boycotted, we can do it again and let all the kids get the free gear. Imagine if it were all kids and dabbling spouses on the top ropes and all the kids got free rock shoes at the end! We could even hang them at the top and if they slap the chain, they get the shoes! After all, they are the future for retailers!

Also, everyone should bring all their kids rock shoes for a big swap.

Just curious, this doesn't conflict with the start of school does it? ( Even though it's the weekend.)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hillweasel said:

the weekend of Sept 6th sounds fine with me also. cool.gif

thanks Bug for taking the initative for setting this date.

is there anything i can do to help on reserving a campsites? send me a PM if there is.

we should have a blast.

MaryL - glad to hear it but i also have a 12 yo girl. somewhat of a mischief maker, she is. cantfocus.gif they will be off causing trouble in no time.

-hw

You can do anything you want to vounteer for. smile.gif

I am at work all day so if you want to call the FS in Leavenworth to reserve a group campsite, that would be great. If I do not hear from you, I will do it. I have sent you a couple emails but have not heard back. I ha been intouch with Dave Parker and he will be gone for a couple weeks starting soon. He wants to help out when he returns. PM me. thumbs_up.gif

chucK said:

David_Parker said:

Just curious, this doesn't conflict with the start of school does it? ( Even though it's the weekend.)

Start of school for Seattle SD is Sept 3.

Same for Lake Washington School Dist. I don't know why this might be a problem but we can change the date if we want. Let me know.

Edmonds school district starts Sept 3rd also... tongue.gif

Okay all, putting out for a final headcount for weekend of Sept 5, 6,7. Shooting for Bridgecreek, if available.

Will tally up and make reservations tomorrow (Tuesday) at 1 pm.

Don't know how to do survey thing confused.gif so just post or PM whether you will be able to attend.

Thanks.

-hw

David_Parker said:

Headcount is just a guestimate. Anyone who reads this between now and then is welcome. This is an OPEN invitation and the more the merrier! Bring on the kids!

It's clearly a free for all. All appearances of organization are purely a fabrication in your own mind. Bring all yer stuff and we'll make it fit.

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gifrockband.gif

Man, what a stiff neck I am........ rolleyes.gif

Did not mean it to sound like this "headcount-for-camping-reservations" was set in stone.

David Parker and Bug are right. Bring the kids and the gear. We will make room for any who decide (at any time) that they want to attend.

(Gots to keep Smoky busy, you know)

And if you can only come for one of those days, that is just fine too.

Free snaf.gif hats for every kid.....

-hw

kitten said:

Wish I could make it out with you guys & the family. smirk.gif

I have to work the entire weekend. madgo_ron.gif Hope we can arrange something else before the end of summer. thumbs_up.gifJean

I am hoping to get a regular "thing" going with kids and climbing. It would be great to have a group to trade babysitting in camp and climbing/sacrificing marshmallows with kids. Or even just meet at Marymoor.

fruit.gif

Bug said:

I am hoping to get a regular "thing" going with kids and climbing. It would be great to have a group to trade babysitting in camp and climbing/sacrificing marshmallows with kids. Or even just meet at Marymoor.

fruit.gif

Bug - I absolutely love that idea. thumbs_up.gif I could bring fruit snacks & juice boxes. yellaf.gif I don't get out much becuase of my daughter and needing someone to watch her. I wouldn't mind trading time watching for time climbing.

kitten said:

Bug said:

fruit.gif

Bug - I absolutely love that idea. thumbs_up.gif I could bring fruit snacks & juice boxes. yellaf.gif I don't get out much becuase of my daughter and needing someone to watch her. I wouldn't mind trading time watching for time climbing.

awesome idea...

Okay all,

here is the skinny.....

We have reserved the ENTIRE campground at Chatter Creek from 3pm Friday, Sept 5th until 2pm Sunday, Sept. 7th !!! fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

(Bridgecreek and Eightmile were all booked up.)

Chatter Creek is 16 miles up the Icicle Creek Road. It can accomodate 45 peoples and 12 vehicles (like we will pay attention to that... evils3d.gif). Max vehicle length is 22 feet.

I have not actually ever been into this site but I understand we will be right by the creek grin.gif.

Please bring life-vests for the youngest ones.

Okay, here is who has expressed interest;

David_Parker, Bug, spacely, chucK, Billygoat, me, ChrisT, leejaams, Lowell_Skoog, Marylou.

(give me hell if i missed somebody) boxing_smiley.gif

We will be talking to you all individually in the next 2-3 weeks to make sure your questions are addressed.

Thanks to Parker for the idea and a big thank you to Bug for kickstarting us into action.

Later. cantfocus.gifrockband.gif

-hw