I almost.....

jon

Have you "almost" doing something so profound and out of the ordinary that it would change the course of your day at the minimum. I'm not talking about thinking about something, for a couple of days or weeks, I'm talking a decision on the fly.

I'm on my lunch break and walking up the street to get some food and go to the bank. I'm walking on the sidewalk and I spot a guy on a bike riding towards me at a high speed. I recognize the guy instantly, a guy who has been an Ave rat since I first entered the university. Homeboy and I have some history. One fine evening he and some of his hombres decide to come into my house during a party and go from room to room stealing CD cases and such. In the back alley we catch them. All the sudden one of these guys smashes a 40 bottle over my friends head and hell breaks loose. We are throwing fools over cars and bashing their faces in. The police come and take these bloody fucks away. Anyways as this guy is coming at me on his bike I quickly relive what I just described. With people on the side of the street I realize that only one of us will fit through the sidewalk. Do I yield to him or cross check his ass into the street because he wasn't going to stop and teach the mofo a lesson? Well I decided to let him fly by, but all I could think about on my walk back the joy it would have brought watching him flying off his bike.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to bodycheck some ass on a bike that has no regards for the pedestrians... You probably are the better man, and have attained some new level of consiosness... Oh but it would of been a whole lot cooler if you had... yellaf.gif

Oooh, I deal with this kind of Dilemma all the time. I happen to live right behind a rehab clinic (which by the way doesn't seem to successfully rehabilatate anybody)

and I have to deal with basically the same 6-8 guys just about every day. The way I've dealt with them is if they're not fucking with anybody in my hood, and they're just sitting on the curb, being mellow, and not bothering anyone, I don't bother them. However, if they're pissing on my building, hassling people, throwing empties, or sitting under the steps to my building, I get physical with em and toss them out on their ass. A few harsh words, a good hard toss into the alley, they get the picture and disappear for a few weeks. But every time I see one of those fucks, I just want to bash their faces in with my bare hands. I don't though. As long as they're mellow, I'm mellow. So in my opinion, you did the right thing, even if it felt so wrong. It is hard though. Especially when they most likely deserve a thrashing.

kitten said:

Jon~

I think it just shows how much you have grown up. yellaf.gif

No really. You chose to do the more appropriate thing and not live in the past. thumbs_up.gif

I refuse to grown up Kitten. When somebody smashes a bottle over your friends head totally unprovoked it's time to beat some ass, whether you are 14 or 87 years old. Fact of the matter is that is the only fight outside of a soccer match (yes soccer doesn't count) that I've ever been in. I'm pretty laid back and am not one to start shit, that is what is so ironic about this story, is that I not only thought about pushing this guy down but beating him with his bike. Maybe I should stop drinking that Red Bull stuff.

jon said:

I refuse to grown up Kitten. When somebody smashes a bottle over your friends head totally unprovoked it's time to beat some ass, whether you are 14 or 87 years old. Fact of the matter is that is the only fight outside of a soccer match (yes soccer doesn't count) that I've ever been in. I'm pretty laid back and am not one to start shit, that is what is so ironic about this story, is that I not only thought about pushing this guy down but beating him with his bike. Maybe I should stop drinking that Red Bull stuff.

Maybe you should take an anger management class. yellaf.gif

You see to have a lot of pent of 'passive-aggresive' anger built up. Or get some bootie. smirk.gif

kitten said:

jon said:

You see to have a lot of pent of 'passive-aggresive' anger built up. Or get some bootie. smirk.gif

or mabe he si just male... territorial pissings... i would raped him with his own bicycle... yellaf.gif

kitten said:

Maybe you should do something about that diarriah of the keyboard. rolleyes.gif

jon said:

Have you "almost" doing something so profound and out of the ordinary that it would change the course of your day at the minimum. I'm not talking about thinking about something, for a couple of days or weeks, I'm talking a decision on the fly.

I'm on my lunch break and walking up the street to get some food and go to the bank. I'm walking on the sidewalk and I spot a guy on a bike riding towards me at a high speed. I recognize the guy instantly, a guy who has been an Ave rat since I first entered the university. Homeboy and I have some history. One fine evening he and some of his hombres decide to come into my house during a party and go from room to room stealing CD cases and such. In the back alley we catch them. All the sudden one of these guys smashes a 40 bottle over my friends head and hell breaks loose. We are throwing fools over cars and bashing their faces in. The police come and take these bloody fucks away. Anyways as this guy is coming at me on his bike I quickly relive what I just described. With people on the side of the street I realize that only one of us will fit through the sidewalk. Do I yield to him or cross check his ass into the street because he wasn't going to stop and teach the mofo a lesson? Well I decided to let him fly by, but all I could think about on my walk back the joy it would have brought watching him flying off his bike.

you fucked up dude. shoulda jacked his ass. youll regret that missed opportunity for a long time.

jon said:

Maybe you should do something about that diarriah of the keyboard. rolleyes.gif

It is amazing how dysfunctional and misunderstood things can get on this board. confused.gif

I was trying to be nice and say something positive about your original decision. It was nothing to do about the beating your friends got, but about your maturity to not check the man on a bike. smirk.gif

You have to get nasty with me. rolleyes.gif

What is your deal?

tongue.giftongue.gif

Figger_Eight said:

Fejas said:

start walking with a cane, that way you don't actually have to hit him, you can just jam it in his front tire when he is riding by...

I've thought of doing that so many times to those fuckers who use the Burke Gilman as their personal time trial course.

what is the speed limit on that thing anyways? 10 MPH? most of those crusty yuppies cant even get their $3,000 italian frames up that fast rolleyes.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

what is the speed limit on that thing anyways? 10 MPH? most of those crusty yuppies cant even get their $3,000 italian frames up that fast rolleyes.gif

Limit might be 15, but some of those guys are doing up to 30 mph.

Jon, I wonder if you had more time to think about it would you have made the same decision?