petitdru

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeman said:

We are going to fly over Maude/Jack etc tonight scouting LZ's. I'll try to take a few digital pics of the traverse.

PM me you e-mail addy and I'll send them to you tomorrow.

Maybe a dumb question, but what are LZs? Landing Zones?? If so, what fer?

Yea, LZ = landing zones. Chelan County Mountain Rescue has some new helicopter pilots and some new members who don't know our mtns like the old one (he used to tell us "I'll pick you up at that little bench at 7200 on the north side by the big rock..."). So part of our training this summer is to fly to an area that has had (or may have) potential rescue activity, see where the new guys are comfortable landing, getting photos and GPS coordinates for our records, and generally having some fun, er, work, flying around the Cascades looking at the mountains. The upper Entiat/Spiders Meadows was scheduled for tonight and I'm scheduled to fly so I'll take a special look for Petitdru

As to "what fer" - we hope we never have to use them.

But I've been on two missions in this area already, and that was before the N Face became so popular. Gawd, it's even a ski route now....