Full Moon Rope Up

chelle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

texplorer said:

I will most likely be at the rope up even if it is corporately sponsored at the trailhead. . . .and I'm a dirtbag so I'll take any free-bees that they give away as well. The rope-up is my one chance per year to chestbeat to my washington friends all the lame things I have been up to. I'm don't really care who sponsors it as long as it is still for real climbers or real facsimiles thereof.

Let's go! At least long enough to pocket some of the demo gear and then make a break for SCW or Prussik.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE WE ARE NOT FORCED TO DRINK THAT SHIT BEER CALLED HEFEWIEZEN. I DONT CARE WHO CUPPLIES THE BEER, BUT IF IT IS HEFEWEIZEN THEN I WILL DRAIN THE KEGS PERSONALLY!

AND I KNOW PYRAMID PRETTY MUCH ONLY BREWS HEFEWEIZEN AND I KNOW THEY DONT BREW A STOUT.

FUCK HEFEWEIZEN....THE SICKEST SWILL ON THE PLANET.

Mr._Natural said:

whatchu fools got against bobby?!? he knows how to pour. wazzup.gifwave.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

adventuregal said:

Szyjakowski said:

eriksaid:i want drunken debaucery!!!!

then bobbyperu needs to be the bartender.... hahaha.gif

hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

frown.gif

you guys dont even know what you are speculating about....silly silly silly kidz............

yellowsleep.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Damn that took forever, but I managed to read all the posts. You guys had me laughing like crazy at times. Now this what I got out of it.

The party sounded really cool last year and since I was on the other coast I was unable to attend and add to the insanity. When I first heard about Rope-up I was pysched to show for this year. After reading all this crap now I am not as pyched, but this is what I think needs to happen.

Rat and Bobbyperu should bartend, and Erik too I guess, that way we are in store for some drunken the_finger.gifdebauchery the_finger.gif. I don't think that will happen since the corporate sponsor may feel the need to regulate the alcohol intake. So plan B needs to be ready as I have heard plenty of you say come prepared with extra goods, so that the party is over when, hmm I don't know, whenever. I'll be pouring after closing time in the beer garden evils3d.gif. I think by Saturday morning we'll know whether or not we need to make a big beer run and find a good party spot.

Also since this started as a party and it seems that a lot a people want to keep it that way. (Don't get me wrong Beck the festival idea sounds cool, but maybe that needed to be a different event, it is to late now though.) I say show up and act like you have in the past. I really do hope a lot of the loud, unruly, drunken climbing continues, it seems that it was sort of the theme and what made it a really fun party. So it is up to you guys and gals who have shown up in the previous years to do what comes naturally. Party and climb like rockband.gif stars. Anarchy is such a great thing.

Either the corporate sponsors will either be into or not. If they are into the scene that is really cool, free beer bigdrink.gif, free food HCL.gifcheeburga_ron.gif, free swag I am always up for. Granted it is Pyrimid beer, but free none the less. (I really hope it is not heffer whizin, that shit is nasty.) If they aren't into it, then they probably won't participate next year and Rope-up can go back to the organized chaos of of the cc.com grassroots network.

So everyone who made the party the previous years show up. Cause it is you who are going to make the party again this year too and the years to come. I will be really bummed if you guys bag out on some of us that didn't get to party like you all did last year.

On other note, I'll be a pack mule, and help haul stuff for a port-rave on the Tooth. That sounds like fun, the rave that is.

so WTF?!?! has TG and his brew been driven away? that would fucking suck.

it's not about free beer, but the bigger issue. a seemingly quality (haven't met the dude) guy who is a great part of the cc.com has potentially been driven away from participation in a low-key, casual get together because of generally unwanted organization and corporate sponsorship of shit beer.

and i'm wholy against the "come one, come all" atmosphere.

IT'S THE MOTHERFUCKING CC.COM ROPEUP. IF YOU'RE NOT A CLIMBER OF SOME SORTS, FUCK OFF. IF YOU'RE NOT A CC.COM USER OR A FRIEND OF CC.COM, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU THERE?

for real. are we having an annual get together, or a fucking corporate gear demo event for the general public? who is the target attendee and are we catering to him/her?

and lastly, i really don't think outdoor toprope gyms for non-climbing gumbies has anything to do with cc.com or the loose group of people and avatars who post here. if we want to bring non-climbing spouses, etc there are more than enough people who'd throw a rope up or two and help out. better yet, make that your own responsibility/problem. topropes to attract/encourage non-climbers sucks.

there are some good things about this format, and some very bad things about this format. i applaud beck for trying to organize things, but i'll also chide him for not coming to the fucking website where the ropeup originated, and taking the important first step of gathering opinions/ideas of everyone before contacting sponsors (if that was even wanted). good idea, bad execution.

end of story.

Beck said:

still in the sponsor gathering/media blitz/ planning stages for this, it looks to be good.

"fostering stewardship of the vertical environment," not "partying"!

did you ever think to fucking ask if people wanted to make such a fundamental shift in the purpose/execution of the ropeup.

that was your first mistake.

offwidthclimber said:

Beck said:

still in the sponsor gathering/media blitz/ planning stages for this, it looks to be good.

"fostering stewardship of the vertical environment," not "partying"!

did you ever think to fucking ask if people wanted to make such a fundamental shift in the purpose/execution of the ropeup.

that was your first mistake.

I believe that Beck was the driving force/main organizer of the rope up from day one; maybe his original goal went beyond a drunken climbing get-together and it is now coming to fruition.

If you don't want to participate, don't. Have your own "slightly past full moon rope up" or something.

if there is a contingency of right thinking individuals who are considering bailing on lworth that weekend because of the asskissing contest beck organized...that generous homeboy tg can bring as many kegs of his delicious beer as he wants to my house...plenty of camping....we could roast a fucking pig (larry?) and hang its head on one of those fucking pathetic bolted cracks that The Consortium Of Misguided Idiots ramrodded into an otherwise decent canyon...(don't worry fellas someone will chop your trash eventually, free hangers will always be free hangers...think of your dumb routes as storage;)........or underwear rock is just a klick away from all the free shit... rockband.gifbigdrink.gifmoon.gifboxing_smiley.gif.... rockband.gif...irregardless i guarantee there will be drunken obnoxious locals at the party...i put up a sign at the p.o. and at chumstick beach, come one come all, i say yelrotflmao.gif

cappellini said:

...i put up a sign at the p.o. and at chumstick beach, come one come all, i say yelrotflmao.gif

and that isn't the post office yer probably thinking of right now..........

hicks meet the climber chicks yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Just say no to Hefeweizen!!!!!!!!!

bigdrink.gif <===notice this graemlin likes em dark!!

Szyjakowski said:

cappellini said:

...i put up a sign at the p.o. and at chumstick beach, come one come all, i say yelrotflmao.gif

and that isn't the post office yer probably thinking of right now..........

hicks meet the climber chicks yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Just say no to Hefeweizen!!!!!!!!!

bigdrink.gif <===notice this graemlin likes em dark!!

Uh oh, I've heard about Szyjakowski's brood of fillies from the P.O. shocked.gif Bring rubbers and sanitary wipes if Szyjakowski's been pawing at 'em. shocked.gifshocked.gif

cappellini said:

if there is a contingency of right thinking individuals who are considering bailing on lworth that weekend because of the asskissing contest beck organized...that generous homeboy tg can bring as many kegs of his delicious beer as he wants to my house...plenty of camping....we could roast a fucking pig (larry?) and hang its head on one of those fucking pathetic bolted cracks that The Consortium Of Misguided Idiots ramrodded into an otherwise decent canyon...(don't worry fellas someone will chop your trash eventually, free hangers will always be free hangers...think of your dumb routes as storage;)........or underwear rock is just a klick away from all the free shit... rockband.gifbigdrink.gifmoon.gifboxing_smiley.gif.... rockband.gif...irregardless i guarantee there will be drunken obnoxious locals at the party...i put up a sign at the p.o. and at chumstick beach, come one come all, i say yelrotflmao.gif

party at danimal's thumbs_up.gif

After reading this thread and the announcement in the American Alpine Club newletter, it seems that the "Cascade Climbers Full Moon Ropeup" has relatively little to do with cascadeclimbers.com. Hell, they don't even mention cascadeclimbers.com as one of the sponsors! How'd that happen?!?!?!?

the AAC announcement:

CASCADE SECTION CASCADE CLIMBERS FULL MOON ROPEUP

Join Northwest climbers for a weekend of camaraderie, climbing and trail work from Friday, October 10 through Sunday, October 12 at the Bridge Creek group campground in Icicle Creek outside of Leavenworth. Included will be a Saturday evening fundraiser for the American Alpine Journal and the Access Fund.

Best of all, the event and camping will be free, and there even will be those magical words to climbers: free beer. Full details will be forthcoming, but if you are available to help volunteer, contact Section Chair Peter

Ackroyd at mailto:peakpeter@comcast.net.