Kobe, Kobe, Kobe...

RobBob

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I care even remotely about the Peterson case is because the religious zealots are trying to use it as another step in undermining Roe v Wade. Other than that, I couldn't care less about it. People are murdered every day and it's just as tragic and no one puts them in the headlines. It's just cannibalization with a live studio audience.

I enjoyed the reminder reference in that article about the William Kennedy Smith trial. Two great memories:

1. the statements about Teddy Kennedy coming back downstairs for a drink after the bar, his dick hanging out in front of the aggrieved.

2. Steve Dunleavy doing an interview for Current Affair with a "character witness" for the aggrieved. By the time he flashed her the skin pics of herself, she tackled him on the head. hahaha.gif

Ratboy said:

The only reason I care even remotely about the Peterson case is because the religious zealots are trying to use it as another step in undermining Roe v Wade. Other than that, I couldn't care less about it. People are murdered every day and it's just as tragic and no one puts them in the headlines. It's just cannibalization with a live studio audience.

I'm curious what their argument is...what did Roe vs. Wade have to do with it? Because they're trying him for 2 murders? The baby was 8.5 months in gestation it is considered viable and therefore an independent life.

Doesn't Roe v. Wade allow right to choose in only 1st semester and early 2nd semester situations? Totally different issue. If they're trying to drag this in I'd like to hear more.

Last I heard Petersen said the Satinic cults killed her. rolleyes.gif

ehmmic said:

I'm curious what their argument is...what did Roe vs. Wade have to do with it? Because they're trying him for 2 murders? The baby was 8.5 months in gestation it is considered viable and therefore an independent life.

That is exactly what they are trying to do. There is a concerted effort by the anti-abortion crowd to give a fetus as many rights as possible so that they can be used as a basis for overturning Roe. The two largest accomplishments toward that so far that I've seen are giving health benefits to a fetus (not just the mother of the fetus) and charging people with murder for killing a fetus (so far just along with the mother). I am not against either of these, but the slope is becoming very slippery.

Erik, you come up with some great articles. That guy is full of shit. Using his logic, most of us on this board might be sexually aggressive because of a need to succeed, be in control, etc. I'd like to hear what women think of that piece.