hitting the road ... or homeless, but not carless

thelawgoddess

hey all. some of you already know part of this, but here i am ... a few days from being homeless and about to embark on two months of living out of my car. my general itinerary is to hit squamish for the first part of august, then to go to salt lake city to visit a few good friends, and then to make my way to yosemite (for probably all of september). if any of you will be around any of those places during that time and want to go climbing, pm me please!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will see me up in squamish if you decide to walk through the boulders on an off day or something, and let me know when you're in utah because I'm going back to Joe's from around August 25th-september 5th or so, around those times.

need to unload your crash pad? blush.gifwave.gif

you rockband.gif

TLG -Keep your crash pad if you have room for it in the car. I'm always jealous of people who have them for use as a sleeping pad in the tent. After tent camping in Yos for a few weeks (can't avaoid the tool there after awhile) I really want a comfy bed.

D32 - LOVE the new avatar pic. Classic! yellaf.gif

Edited by ehmmic

yeah, i hear you ehmmic! but my xxl bouldering pad doesn't really fit in my mountaineering tent very well. maybe i should break down and buy a cheesy $30 tent at walmart for that? yellaf.gif

freeclimb, how far are you from salt lake? or maybe you'd be able to meet me at the city of rocks for a day or two on my way down from squamish? (that would be rad!!!) can you climb weekdays???

I just sent a PM with my phone number. Yea, I often do have weekdays free. The valley I live in is about 70 miles from SLC. Some poor saps actually commute to Salt Lake for work. The City of Rocks is two hours away. But there are many other climbing areas to choose from. And the weather typically cools off by Labor Day.

thelawgoddess said:

yeah, i hear you ehmmic! but my xxl bouldering pad doesn't really fit in my mountaineering tent very well. maybe i should break down and buy a cheesy $30 tent at walmart for that? yellaf.gif

some of those Taj-maWalmart tents I've seen like in Camp 4 are so big you could even park your tiny car inside!

thelawgoddess said:

You laugh, but I'm planning to shell out for a comfy Coleman tent before my next trip to c4. My 4 season tent fly got too much sap on it during the last trip. I'd rather trash some cheap tent big enough for a bouldering pad. cool.gif

Have fun on the road. I'm a little jealous.

Whats up TLG. You should look up Brent or I. (when you are in Yosemite) I am sure we could show you some more cool climbs or introduce you to some other ppl that could show you some sweet places. Its too bad I just got a job cause I have sure enjoyed my 10 months of dirtbag climbing. I know that I want to hit Squamish this year. when does the rainy season start?

RULE 1 OF BEING POOR AND HOMELESS AND SHIT... IS NOT TO BUY ANYTHING OTHER THEN FOOD AND GAS. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE TO LAST. NO MORE BEER OR ANY OF T HAT SHIT. AS A HOT CHICK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MANIPULATE GUYS INTO GETTING YOU WORTHLESS STUFF.

ONLY BUY FOOD AND GAS!!!

salami said:

there is also a climbing gym at Idaho state University

(pocatello). I am sure that you could find partners there that could show you around massacre rocks and city of rocks

Massacre Rocks is just stupid hot this time of year. It's not really enjoyable, IMHO, until November.

I'm always up for some climbing at the City. And the newly opened Castle Rocks is pretty fun, too.

erik said:

AS A HOT CHICK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MANIPULATE GUYS INTO GETTING YOU WORTHLESS STUFF.

hellno3d.gif i wish! i mean, i know i could if i really wanted to, but it's just not me.

salami, i've already gotten ftb's contact info and will definitely be hitting him up for some climbing in yos. feel free to join in! thumbs_up.gif

erik said:

RULE 1 OF BEING POOR AND HOMELESS AND SHIT... IS NOT TO BUY ANYTHING OTHER THEN FOOD AND GAS. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE TO LAST. NO MORE BEER OR ANY OF T HAT SHIT. AS A HOT CHICK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MANIPULATE GUYS INTO GETTING YOU WORTHLESS STUFF.

ONLY BUY FOOD AND GAS!!!

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

So true,

So true,

If I were a chick,

That's what I'd do

wave.gif

thelawgoddess said:

salami, i've already gotten ftb's contact info and will definitely be hitting him up for some climbing in yos. feel free to join in! thumbs_up.gif

wouldn't want to be the squeaky 3rd wheel tongue.gif Maybe I can rope some one else so we can be 2 teams of 2, if we go as 3 then we will need to double belay with a reverso or gigi to make things faster.

thanks! i'm just about ready to gas up the car and go. i managed to squeeze my bike and my xxl bouldering pad into the back seat this morning. now i just have to fit everything else into the trunk and i'm golden. i wish that box of beer i picked up at the border last time wasn't so friggin' huge! cantfocus.gif

ehmmic said:

thelawgoddess said:

You laugh, but I'm planning to shell out for a comfy Coleman tent before my next trip to c4. My 4 season tent fly got too much sap on it during the last trip. I'd rather trash some cheap tent big enough for a bouldering pad. cool.gif

Seriously, a good car camping tent is a must on a long road trip. I look at all the suckers that damn near throw their back out cramming into their fancy four season and I just walk right into the fatty Eureka and cold chill.

bird said:

ehmmic said:

thelawgoddess said:

Seriously, a good car camping tent is a must on a long road trip. I look at all the suckers that damn near throw their back out cramming into their fancy four season and I just walk right into the fatty Eureka and cold chill.

WERD UP ON THAT!!! thumbs_up.gif MAKES NO SENSE TO BE SUIN YOUR OVER PRICED UBER TENT TO CAR CAMP. I MEAN IF I WAS GONNA STEAL A TENT, U THINK I WOULD WANT THE $99 WALMART 3 ROOM CABIN TENT? OR THE $900 MICRO BIBLER???????

AND THE WEAR AND TEAR??!?! ugh?!?!?!?!?!?!??!