Pub Club next week & maybe Beckey!

rayborbon

C'mon, Caveman...you'll love Tacoma...show up a few hours early and do some laps on Spire Rock, the best kept secret in northwest climbing. I'll even buy you a Big Beer. [big Drink] And we got a new bridge (sorta new), a new art museum goin' up, a new museum of glass going up, a world-class sushi bar, etc.: everything a modern cavedude needs to satisfy his more artistic side. And if you get nostalgic, there are plenty of McChord jets and occasional loud explosions coming from Ft. Lewis.

Oo-ra!

Come on down!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you guys need Judge Judy. Caveman: I believe Dwayner did in fact "call it first" and he has infact shown up in Seattle more than you have shown up in Tacoma. Dwayner: "I called it first?" sounds kind of like when we were kids, arguing over who got to ride shotgun, and I would have to point out that you have probably selected the venue more than anyone else here (has anybody else chosen the location for four-or maybe five- pubnights?).

The last time we had a mixup over venue, there were three of us in Monroe -- probably the lowest turnout yet. You guys figure it out but I may have something else to do tomorrow night.

Dwayner thanks for the cordial invite. Unfortunately others that have no idea what a pub club is are attending. I am not about to ask them to change plans considering some of them have limited time and families waiting for them. I can only say that I thought it would be a great time to have someone as prolific as Fred and that everyone would come and have a great time. I put the idea up there because I was kind of excited that he might want to meet all of you people in such an environment.

Peace Dwayner. Sorry I offended.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:
Maybe you guys need Judge Judy. Caveman: I believe Dwayner did in fact "call it first" and he has infact shown up in Seattle more than you have shown up in Tacoma. Dwayner: "I called it first?" sounds kind of like when we were kids, arguing over who got to ride shotgun, and I would have to point out that you have probably selected the venue more than anyone else here (has anybody else chosen the location for four-or maybe five- pubnights?).

The last time we had a mixup over venue, there were three of us in Monroe -- probably the lowest turnout yet. You guys figure it out but I may have something else to do tomorrow night.

I have only chosen the location once before in the Quah. Your statements are incorrect. I am done arguing with you guys... See whoever shows up there tomorrow.

Caveman and others. Given the participation by Tacoma people and the fact that the Pub Club has not been down there for a while I am squarely behind Tacoma as the real Pub Club this week.

I would be happy to support a Issaquah Pub Club next week (though I may have other plans that tuesday).

Judge MattP: I'M OUT OF THE PUB CLUB INSTIGATION BUSINESS. It ain't worth the hassle and I can't even guarantee that I can make it to the ones I propose. As I said before: to me it's a fairness issue for those who live outside the Seattle area. I've only picked the specific venue in Tacoma because everyone seemed to like it and it's freeway close and easy to find. I don't even particularly like "the Swiss" and it's not perfectly convenient for me. (There are far better places to drink in Tacoma that don't require me to walk home through "The Hilltop" if I've had too much.) Why don't you or some other regular come up with something like a schedule. I've got bigger things on my plate to tend to other than this sort of thing...

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
I don't like Popes idea. I mean drinking at home alone with your computer on. Can you say loser

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

Yeah, but if we can get him to come to a series of Tuesday night planning meetings, then we'd be getting somewhere.

This is RURP:

So now that you are all done whining and complaining and you are going to have your little drinking party in that poor excuse for a neighborhood called Tacoma, where will this pub club be held. First I hear about the Swiss place (where maybe they speak real German, right pope?) and then I hear about that ridiculous teapot place, the Java Jive. Where is it? Who is in charge. Maybe I will show up so that I can call some of you "loser", especially Dwayner and his fruity buddy pope. And that Lambone and all of the others. I will help you with your European language skills and will give you Big Walls tips...the tips of my Big Wall boots. Yes...where is this party and who is going to be there?

RURP wants to know!

RURP has spoken.

I think Mattp's hit it right on the head. The Pub Clubs [TM] oughta be planned out over beers [big Drink][big Drink] . They shouldn't be hashed out over the internet. They oughta be decided each week at the previous Pub Club. Thus, those that go get a say. Those who don't, don't.

As for this week, [i ain't goin' but it has nothing to do with the squabbling], I think Dwayner has been requesting a Tacoma Pub Club for like 3 months now, so as one of the Alpine Buddies this week [thank you, thank you very much] I say, go see Dwayner. And you other Tacoma folks squabbling over which establishment are really shooting yourselves in the feet.icon13.gif

Have fun. I hope it happens. [big Drink][big Drink]

RURP- If you go to Der Booben Graben ze Schnitzel Haus on Friday night, just bring your favorite lucky big wall piton and you'll get a free couch dance- this friday only. Shlangesshlonger says he might even let you into the "Peeps" area again despite what you apparently did last time. shocked.gif" border="0

This is the most interesting pub club location thread yet. Too bad I was out climbing rather than staying up on the controversy.

I think I may be the person who has set the location of this thing the most times when Beck decided to step down back in September... Certainly more than Dwayner. Give the guy a break. We haven't gone to Tacoma since Dec 18th.

I agree with ChucK, we should set the pub club location each week for the next week's drink fest. That way we won't be wondering where to show up the next week. Let's figure it out tonight at the Swiss. See you all there!

Michelle

I'm ready to get hammered for this solution, but anyways here goes.

Option #1: A point system. At each pub club each town gets 1 point per person from that town (seattle, tacoma, redmond, portland,...) Keep track of the points and whichever group has the most points gets to choose the next pub. That way the location is determined by the most participants from a location. Eventually all locations will get to pick a local pub. The more drinkers from Portland that show up, the more often it will be in portland. Once they get the pub in thier town, the points get reset.

Option #2: Whoeve drinks the most beer at a pub club gets to pick next weeks location. (I think cavey would get to choose each week grin.gif" border="0 )

chris

Alright...it might be worth attending this thing just to bring some order to this whole embarrassing episode of "PUB CLUB WHERE?...ME, ME, ME!!!". Bring your clever ideas and we'll propose some solutions that are fair and fun. So show up and help reduce a little anarchy (but not too much).

c. 7 PM

Here's the directions:

Those who have been to the Pub Club in Tacoma before, are well aware of the city's charm,

hospitality and alpine excellence as the gateway to Mighty Tahoma, for which it is named.

"The Swiss" is an excellent venue due to it's

easy on/off freeway access (easier than removing your sweaty rainbow sport-climbing lycra body suit)

and its nice selection of adult beverages.

So drag yourselves to Tacoma and find out why it's called "The City of Destiny".

Here be the directions, amigos y amigas!

Pub Club Directions in Tacoma:

"The Swiss", 1904 S. Yakima

Directions coming south on I-5

Take Tacoma City Center Exit, #133

This will take you on a little freeway veering right known as 705 N.

Get left and take the S. 21st Street exit.

Go through lights and cross Pacific. Go hill on 21st a couple or few blocks until Jefferson.

Make a right on Jefferson.

The Swiss is just about a block ahead on the left at the corner of Jefferson and 19th.

It's really easy to get back to I-5 for the return to Seattlewards. Down Jefferson, left on 21st S., and the big signs will point you in the right direction.

You kids comin' from parts south...I know you can figure it out!

- Dwayne