Pub Club next week & maybe Beckey!

rayborbon

Enough already! It's in Tacoma. Hikerwa, Caveman. You got vehicles? You guys drive for hours to climb some piece of crap at Vantage or elsewhere? I'm sure you can be "adventurous" and drive to the wondrous city of Tacoma. (Do we ever see either of you at the rare Tacoma nights?)It will be at the freeway-convenient venue known as "the Swiss" around 7 PM. The beer is as good as in Issaquah and the burgers might not be as cheap, but might be just as greasy as those in Alki, minus the burly biker dudes. Directions will be provided tomorrow. There will be a huge turn out, perhaps setting new records. The swami predicts: MattP, Dr. Jay, Alpine K, Jules, ehmmic, icegirl, vegetablebelay, Chuck, ChrisW, Dynamite, Wallstein, and Eric, to name just a few.

- Dwayner

And by the way, I've spent a little time around Mr. Beckey, and I've never seen him drink a beer, although he can suck down a truly amazing amount of coffee.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Dwayner he does not drink much beer. Have fun in tacoma. I am not going there and have other friends showing up here. I dont understand why you have to be such a control freak. You are being a real jerk this time too. I called it. You get this in Tacoma more than us east siders. Your arguments are in vain. All you guys have fun down there though. I called it first..... but you cannot please everyone.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

Cavedude! Dwayner's a jerk...nyah, nyah, nyah.

Listen, amigo, I'm just trying to be fair. There is a tendency on this board for the loudest yeller to call the shots, one reason being that there are no guidelines for determining what is when except by noise. We sort of had some informal thing going last year when this all started: Seattle a couple of times in a row because that's where most people seemed to live, and then elsewhere such as Tacoma or even Everett. Then it became increasingly Seattle (which includes Ballard and the greater vicinity). It's broken down now. Perhaps we should have the intervention of the guy who goes to all of them: the effortlessly cool "MattP", who in his mighty alpine wisdom can sort out a plan of fairness.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT??? It's getting to the point where I really don't care that much because I'm tired of all of the bitching. Besides, I don't drink that much anymore because I'm in training...training for life in general.

MattP....work your magic.

- Dwayne

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
Aint that fucking right about beig out of the Pub instigation business. Need a high 5 icon here. Where's Dru?

OK enough vitriol about drinking venues.

In the future, instead of the first person to post a venue getting his/her way, we need an schedule maker without a stake to set a shedule for which area we are meeting in.

I would sugest a 4 week rotating schedule:

2 weeks Seattle1 week Tacoma1 week a no holds barred fight between outlying areas..Issaquah, Monroe, ect...

Once the region is set then folks can fight to the death over which bar.

come now kids, haven't most of you graduated from high school by now? all this fuss over where to drink beer? there's plenty to go around so you can go drink wherever you please. it is unfortuante that there is no consensus this week but that is no reason to sit home and pout. drink in issaquah, drink in tacoma, hell drink in your own backyard.

"come now kids, haven't most of you graduated from high school by now?" No."all this fuss over where to drink beer?" Yes."there's plenty to go around so you can go drink wherever you please."No there isn't and you know it. There is a worldwide beer shortage brought on by the Taliban. "it is unfortuante that there is no consensus this week"biggest mouth wins...ain't that how it works?"but that is no reason to sit home and pout."who's pouting? do you see anyone pouting? I don't see anyone pouting. You lookin' at me?"drink in issaquah, drink in tacoma, hell drink in your own backyard" Dude. My backyard IS in Tacoma.by the way...ask youself this as all others should do EACH AND EVERY DAY as evening approaches..."WHAT HAVE I DONE FOR DWAYNER TODAY???"

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Dwayner ]

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
we need an schedule maker without a stake to set a shedule for which area we are meeting in.

Bad idea. This is just too important of a decision to leave to somebody of unknown and untested qualifications. We don't want somebody "without a stake" who might not know Denny's from Hatties Hat. Or worse than that, they might decide we'd all be healthier if we stayed home and followed Dr. Jay's advice to drink in our own back yards -- they might set the pub clubs for Forks or something.

[Read this post aloud in a whiny voice.]

Hey guys, there's never been a pub clup in Portland or Eugene for that matter. Looky here, we all live in the Cascades too right? Cmon guys, fair is fair right? Come down to Eugene an we can climb at the Columns downtown an have beers with real hippies at the Pearl Street Brewery. rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Bad idea. This is just too important of a decision to leave to somebody of unknown and untested qualifications. We don't want somebody "without a stake" who might not know Denny's from Hatties Hat. Or worse than that, they might decide we'd all be healthier if we stayed home and followed Dr. Jay's advice to drink in our own back yards -- they might set the pub clubs for Forks or something.

Matt either you didn't get what I wrote , or I didn't explain myself enough.

I'm just saying that someone should pick the region Seattle, Tacoma, Issaquah and then those people in the area pick the bar.

For example: this week Tacoma, next week Issaquah, Following two weeks Seattle, and then back to Tacoma

Here's a solution: on any given night, at any given time, any one of the major lushes on this board announces, "Cyber Lounge is open. Time to liquor up!" I think we could get 50 or more to hop into the chat room and crack open a coldy....we'd probably get more babes to attend, and we could imagine that they're hot while they pretend we're wealthy alpine jet setters with ambitious itineraries in the Himal. [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]