Yak Check/Marble

AlpineK

With a brand new water pump in my dodge, I figured it was safe to take it for a long road trip. I picked up CJZ on Friday afternoon and we headed north. We drove to the rest area below Yak peak, and camped out on the south side of the highway. Early in the morning we hiked up the trail to the base of Yak. This was my third time on the peak. The two previous trips were failures, so I was really psyched to summit the peak.

We did the first 8 pitches of Yak Crack to the junction with Reality Check. From the junction we continued up Reality Check. The climbing here was really fun. We avoided the chimney under the large flake on RC by climbing over it and continued up some nice face climbing to the summit. On top we took a nap for an hour then hiked down the trail to the car.

After dinner in Hope we decided to head up to Marble Canyon and do some climbing early on Sunday before the heat really hit. We climbed Sisyphus. I hadn’t climbed at Marble before, and it’s been a while since I’ve climbed on limestone, but we had a good time on a fun route.

After the climb the temps were in the mid 90s, so we hopped in the dodge and drove south. Everything was going great, fun climbing, and the truck seemed to be running well till we got to the turn off to Sumas. At the light my truck died; I cranked the starter for a while but no dice. We pushed it to the side and looked at the engine for a while. We walked to a store and bought a spark plug socket and screwed around, but eventually a tow truck became the obvious next step.

While waiting for the tow truck this guy stopped and looked at the engine, but he couldn’t come up with anything definite. On hearing we were climbers he apologized for the Canuck teens that beat up those folks in Squamish. yellaf.gif

Eventually the tow truck showed up, and after some talking we decided that AAA could get us towed for almost free to CJZ’s house. So we towed my truck across the boarder, which was funny, but we avoided the back up everyone else was sitting in. We eventually got it to CJZ’s house and there it sits.

Does anyone own a truck dolly? cantfocus.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if your truck was really fucked you coulda bivied at my place while you waited to get it fixed thumbs_up.gif

any time there's a lineup at the border now I'm gonna call for a tow for the express line through. did they search ya?

Dru said:

if your truck was really fucked you coulda bivied at my place while you waited to get it fixed thumbs_up.gif

any time there's a lineup at the border now I'm gonna call for a tow for the express line through. did they search ya?

No searches at all. I'll I did was tell them what I was doing and show the ownership papers.

Towing over the boarder rules! thumbs_up.gif