sling at base of GM p2

Gary_Yngve

There's a sling about ten feet of the deck that goes into the rock and vanishes you can feel behind it and under it. It seems to be wedged upwards in a crack yet resists a downward pull (didn't feel like bounce-testing it). Anyone know how it's staying in and how it get there?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic?

An abundance of bat guano has cemented it in place?

Maybe the Anasazi Indians trekked up here and placed all their knowledge in that hole and by some mysterious force that piece of webbing is held there by some magnetic forcefield that is beyond modern science.

Or, maybe a waterknot was tied in the sling and it is wedged into a pocket of constriction.

You pick the most likely one and give Art Bell a call.

Bronco said:

Since when does something being "important" have to do with posting about it on this website?

Maybe the fifth force is holding the sling there. hellno3d.gif

Dude, this is a serious site for climbers who are serious....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I just couldn't get through it... yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifwazzup.gif

There doesn't appear to be a constriction (other than the constriction *above*) or any sort of knot. You can feel all the rock above, below, and behind the sling.

It would have helped to have a light and a mirror... then one could see behind there as well.

No importance to it... just ran across it today and we were puzzled by how it could have been placed there and how it's still staying.

chucK said:

You just try. I think the thing is in there like the sword in the king arthur tale where he jumps over the barb wire fence in his mustang on two wheels.

The placement actually looked as if the rock parted, someone put the sling in, and the rock closed on the sling again.

BURP said:

maybe someone like eric and gary had a epic and bailed from there cause it was hard climbing above that point duh!

That's right, we bailed from there because we were too scared shitless to scramble down five feet to the security of the bolt anchors on the belay ledge.

BURP said:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif you pussys stay away from index or you will get hurt. go to the rei and climb there, it is more safer. the_finger.gif

I thought we already explained it... the road rash on my partner's arm was from a bike wreck, not from a lead fall! We swear!

I was up there this morning fondling the sling too. It's so mysterious! Another mystery, how can so many of us converge on that area, yet it's always empty when I'm there?

And what's that motor running behind the test door?

I validated that GM+HOC is better than Godzilla, it is true. bigdrink.gif