Ice Climbing near Whistler/Blackcomb?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RAY, where were you last weekend?? I hope to drown these fallacious rumours your spreading about me in a bottle of CC, but you were no where to be found!

Climbed the first pitch of "A Phairwell to Arms" on Saturday, pretty snaky shape! Steep, light cauliflower and chandelier, really sustained and FUN! Like climbing Carl's Berg, then climbing it again. SWEEET! Except the whole canyon is deserted (except for a party of hollerin' Yanks grin.gif(white 4Runner, Wash. plates, chains in the front!)) on It's Only Phair.

Just to clear up any potential confusion, and consequential further disparagement of me, I was on It's Only Phair last weekend, I am a Yank, and I was driving a 4Runner. But my 4Runner is gray, not white, I was there Sunday, not Saturday, and I got all of my whimpering, cursing, hangdogging, and hollering for the weekend done on Night N Gale on Saturday.

smile.gif

-CC (Cascade Climber, not Canadian Club)

Lyle,

I just know you cannot keep up in the drinking department for sure. cool.gif Jordan and I were wondering if you even knew we had your book let alone where it was smile.gif

We did the Tube, hard to protect the crux in it's conditions, Loose Lady, and yes we had to do pitch one of Icy BC.

We investigated in the vicinity of Salmon Stakes and I got somewhat wet so we made for plan b but that area kicks ass (not the climb I know why it is named such).

I guess you were too scared to get up for the drinkin eh. Oh, BTW I don't take advice on routes from Canadians just on conditions.

-Ray

[This message has been edited by rayborbon (edited 02-13-2001).]

Oh my, the fun I missed by going to the Thompson last Saturday. Wanted to do Crucible but it was still spewing (like you boys the morning after) so we did some stuff above Goldpan instead (including one obscure climb Don S. said maybe hadn't been done before smile.gif ) and didn't see a soul all day just the tracks of some bighorns. And we got back home in time to spend 6 hours in the bar getting drunk and watching the Canucks lose. Oh well there is always this weekend, it's supposed to get colder for the next 5 days.

Is Bruce Kay a biologist of sorts? There is a Bruce Kay from Environment Canada attending the Puget Sound Research Conference. Could it be the same one? Krag Unseold is also attending, I was thinking we could start a group of concenerned scientists called Ice Climbers Against Global Warming.