lillooet ice fest

Crack

after spending the last week touring through the rockies we were ready for some ugly american partyin' -where were you washingtonians? colder than shit, dale and crew made it in the family van and caddie so no excuses on road conditions...either way the small crowd was friendly, and the whole event was very low key. kudos to the moose and lyle and the dude from mec, great people...sorry about the cave again, lyle.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Crack:
after spending the last week touring through the rockies we were ready for some ugly american partyin' -where were you washingtonians? colder than shit, dale and crew made it in the family van and caddie so no excuses on road conditions...either way the small crowd was friendly, and the whole event was very low key. kudos to the moose and lyle and the dude from mec, great people...sorry about the cave again, lyle.

yo, you shouldn't duk in the canuks caves, its bad form...plus where's ray supposed to sleep!

I was up at the fest this weekend. It was a good time and low key. I got to see a guy from Dru's posse climb the mixed route to the left of Icy BC on Friday. Dude was out of screws half way up and ran it out to the top shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0 Had to have been 30-40 feet of runout to the top.

I had to throw away that pair of underwear I wore that day and I was just standing on the ground below. [hell no]

I saw no whippers. Yes Laurin the German ice god sent No Deductable (but hung on a bolt frown.gif" border="0 ) and deeping Wall Direct etc. but then again the dude has done Nemesis and Riptide and M8+ in the Riockies so it is nice of him to visit our local test pieces and humbly condescend to doing them tongue.gif" border="0

I beat him at pool though wink.gif" border="0

I talked with the guy who took the whipper: Third pitch of Icy BC, 10m fall onto a screw. He went back up and finished 'er off. Good to know screws work, but better him than me...

Mis-placed thanks at the start, I had nothing to do with the Fest other than provided the screen for Slawinsky's slides. Paul Malkinson co-ordinated the efforts this year.

BTW: Tres Burly about 3/4 formed but still not quite there (maybe now?). Red Wall Wanderer (Copper Creek)looks like a big, fat, blue Rockies climb, go climb it (but avoid the cave - see Crack's note above). And the lime green puke about halfway up.

-15C to -17C the last few nites, -10C during the day.-L