Second Ascent

dryad

Just want to give a thumbs_up.gif to the salesguy who helped me out with pack shopping the other day. I tried on a few, none of them fit right, and he said, "None of these packs fit you, don't buy any of them, come back some other time". Real integrity there to not try to sell me something that wasn't really right.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip_M._Kliphiem said:

Yep, and then there's the sales guy who casually mentions "I'm a climbing guide" every time he helps me out. Is he trying to impress me or do I look that clueless. wazzup.gif

hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gif

that guy cracks me up!

fruit.gif

Skip_M._Kliphiem said:

Yep, and then there's the sales guy who casually mentions "I'm a climbing guide" every time he helps me out. Is he trying to impress me or do I look that clueless. wazzup.gif

Maybe he's just advertising? Maybe he thinks that it looks like you could use a little help? smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so I went in to trade in an old crappy pair of shoes, and found a brand new pair of dragons my size for only 90!? After the trade in and then the beautiful young woman gave me an extra discount (maybe on accident) they only cost me $53.

Must give props to a store where I can get $145 shoes for 53. thumbs_up.gifwave.giffruit.gif

Distel32 said:

so I went in to trade in an old crappy pair of shoes, and found a brand new pair of dragons my size for only 90!? After the trade in and then the beautiful young woman gave me an extra discount (maybe on accident) they only cost me $53.

Must give props to a store where I can get $145 shoes for 53. thumbs_up.gifwave.giffruit.gif

Is she as hot as the Marmot chick? evils3d.gif

• 1 month later...

I went there today and got one of those golite packs. They had these Trek ones on sale for practically half-price, turns out they were either sample or "pre-production" models. I don't really know what the difference is except $70 which sounded good to me. The guy helping me out, Michael, was real nice and informative. Turns out they're getting rid of the Gust pack for some reason or other, so that price is now $70 too. Even the small ones were $35...

Anyhow, thumbs up to 2nd Ascent and their friendly service.

Of the packs, the Gust is a laundry bag with two shoulder straps. I like simple, but that was a little too. I'm not sure how this big of pack will work without a frame though I have religiously used a smaller frameless pack for a while. I repaired it using dental floss to sew with, which has held up quite nicely over time...

Pencil_Pusher said:

I'm not sure how this big of pack will work without a frame though I have religiously used a smaller frameless pack for a while.

Take a piece of closed cell foam pad and roll it.. drop it in... and shazam... youve got some form to the pack. Pack light good brother.. wave.gif