Good rock climbers don't live in Washington...

offwidthclimber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bronco said:

Fence_Sitter said:

i saw some ripped dude from the south ty that yesterday and he had a hoooootttie belaying him. she was far and away the hottest climber chick i have ever seen... damn... but she was saying that there were chicken bolts at the bottom yellaf.gif i told her that they were for aid climbing and she said "its a freaking jug route at the bottom." i said with an aid rack and aid boots on? "listen they are jugs" yellaf.gif i wish i could have seen ehr try it with aid gear on... what is that 10b-c?

I missed something, what route are you talking about?

city park...

Peter_Puget said:

For once and I really mean once Dru is right! There are several Squamish websites and Gripped even has a Rock Forum! Need I say more!

Tim! Jon! All of Washington is depending on you!

Peter “I am a 5.12 Climber at Squamish” Puget bigdrink.gif

what is that 5.9 index?

the reason squish is so popular is cause of the camping, it is the only way to get to whistler and moderates moderates moderates! and there is some pretty good climbing, but nothing that puts index to shame... i am glad there aren't more moderates there as it keeps rock trundlers on the GNS... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

bigwalling said:

Dru, Boyd is the closest trad climber that climbs 13c trad. Well so does Marc but not a f.a. Andrew could compare his route, 69 too see if it has a similer difficulty. He went to Utah last year so he must not be too concerened about leaving Squamish.

there are more squamish locals than that that climb 13c trad...just not FA...jimmy scar has maybe sent 69 by now...lots of ppl working it recently prob get done 2-3 times this summer, i think i heard manboy had it linked and was gonna tie in for the send when he gets back from mexico too.... sonnie is too busy working cobra... yellaf.gif

anyhow ya notice boyd goes to UTAH on his holidays...not Index... confirming the point of the guy in the original post the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

Dru, I don't recall anyone claiming that Index is world class. It's plenty tough for plenty of climbers though....'course not at all difficult for a gunslinger like you. I seem to recall folks around here having nothing but positive things to say about your rock, why doncha get off your high horse and reciprocate, rather than acting like a fucking pompous, canadian asshole. thumbs_down.gif

I can't believe you guys let him get you worked up. Dru, how many times have you actually *climbed* in the past 6 months? 2? 3? I swear, for a guy who spends 6 1/2 out of every 7 days spraying about climbing, but not actually walking the walk, you sure talk a lotta shit. the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gif

bigwalling said:

How many of you guys on here have sent Thin Fingers? Japenese Gardens? Stern Farmer?

what does that have to do with the discussion? have you?

drul, index is not intended to be a world class destination. it does not have the amenities for it. it is not set up for a feel good enviroment for puffer learning to climb. it is a place off the beaten path to test yourself, to get good and stay good. no one claimed it to be world class, certainly it is stacked in the realm of good climbs, but thankfully it does not contain a slab like the apron that invites beginners to come out and attempt to learn. come down here and show us how strong squamish has made you. cuz i know wheni go to squamish i thank the steep walls of index as i dispatch another route at my level in good style.

come down shit talker!!

Aspen is a world class ski resort, and Alpental is a whole in the wall. I can find you a large group of skiers from Alpental that will ski the hell out of any poser rich bitch you can find from Aspen. "World class" don't mean shit... fruit.gif

hikerwa said:

There's no reason to bring me into this.... grin.giffruit.gif

aww c'mon sean, i've seen you climb and know at least 4 or 5 climbers worse than you...i might even need 2 hands to count them all!

and way to ruffle some feathers there, dru. nice. that's hitting pretty close to home ragging on index like that.

i am hoping if i keep up dissing index you guys will pony up some cash like you did when Dwayner said he could climb 5.13 wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

cause i am a professional and will require payment to suffer through the dirt and moss and GNS gapers I hear reportedly infest Index. not to mention rain, slugs, rockfall, fogs, drunken locals, poor cuisine, roast pig heads and axle greased cracks....

JoshK said:

I can't believe you guys let him get you worked up. Dru, how many times have you actually *climbed* in the past 6 months? 2? 3? I swear, for a guy who spends 6 1/2 out of every 7 days spraying about climbing, but not actually walking the walk, you sure talk a lotta shit. the_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gif

boxing_smiley.gif I will have to consult my daytimer for exact number of days but I believe since January 1 I have logged somewhere in the neighbourhood of 60-70 days playing outdoors ( I am including a couple of days hiking in the rain and so on in this total) fruit.gif

Fence_Sitter said:

Dru said:

Fence_Sitter said:

fine dru...city park it is... i gots $50 on it... who else'll chip in? yellaf.gif

are you SURE you don't wanna pony up for at least an A3 instead of a C1 nut haul evils3d.gif

assuming it is freed... yellaf.gif

FS if you free it I will second it!!! Scot'teryx can write up a 10 page TR of watching me try the technical tweaker complete with digitally enhanced butt shots moon.gif