"SOLO ALPINE X-TREEM!"

Jens

Here is some needless fodder for discussion:

What are the routes that we have climbed in the Cascades that are way below our technical limit or "easy" but have one little section that feels to odd to try to free solo? It could be one little rock section that is always wet, a 7 foot ice section, or some funky one move wonder with big air below that prevents you from going up and soloing the thing. I'm not talking about crag routes here, but instead mountain routes. Many of the routes in the mountains here have very short cruxes with long mellow sections. Or it could be a move that everybody else claims is really easy, but for your shape or size just feels weird.

I'm bored and figured I'd spray a little.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a 5.12 move up there on Colchuck Balanced Rock...I ain't never done it, but I hear it's out of character with the rest of the route. I's probably ain'ts gonna go on up there and climb that there hill just "free-hand" or whatever they call that there lunartic practice whereby you hang your skinny little workin' class ass off of da side of a big ol' hill without using none of them there safety lines and shit like that, Roger Dodger.