7/15 Pub Club at the Kort Haus

Greg_W

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sweat it, marylou. Like I said, they have the back room or whatever it is reserved for us. We won't be right there next to the big screen TV with all the smokers. Please do your part and leave your smokes at home, and everything will be just fine.

MtnChicken said:

E-rock said:

Come and see. It's not bad at all, not bad at all

this coming from the person with a scary clown (KISS ... or whoever it is!) as their avatar.

Ahh! But under the makeup and costume he's just a softie. wink.gif Like most of the guys on this site who are big sprayers and shit talkers, but can be nice in person.

Sorry Kiwi, but I too give it a thumbs_up.gif I don't know what you ate, but my burger was as good as most any bar food except some of those fern places that have been soundly rejected by this crew. Yes, the guy was a little overwhelmed and at times he could not be flagged down very easily. But I only had to wait ten minutes for my food, and that was no worse than what I remember from, say, the Ballroom or Owl and Thistle -- and the guy was friendly about it. Virtually no smoke problem either.

Greg_W said:

sobo said:

Greg_W said:

RCW prohibits carry in bars, bro. I'll be there to meet you, though.

Just curious, Greg_W... is that true, even with a CWP? It would seem logical to prohibit weaponry in a drinking establishment, but I just don't know what the limits are on a CWP. Your response appreciated.

CWP or no, the RCW prevents guns in bars. To me, this is a bullshit move to restrict carry, but whatever. I obey the laws.

The law in MN just changed where you are free to carry guns in public places.

The bar i work in took down their signs prohibiting guns on the premises. Yet last night serving drinks in bottles was not allowed (per request of the band).

Guess the band prefered being shot than getting mauled with glass bottles. yellaf.gif

Cant wait for the IceT And bodycount show. hellno3d.gif

Kiwi said:

Guess I'm just upset that they had the worst pint of Guinness I've ever had.

Guiness blows. You can only get a good pint of that stuff at the source.

I thought it was a good place for pub club. It was a bit crowded just before 9 when I took off to hear some good music, but the guy was way friendlier than most of the other bars we've taken over recently. Compared to the chick's attitude at the Owl and Thistle last week he gets thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

carolyn said:

The law in MN just changed where you are free to carry guns in public places.

Interesting change in the law in MN, carolyn, given the current times we live in. I posed the original question (to Greg) because of an experience I had in a bar in Houston many years ago. Back then (~early 80s) it was legal to carry, unconcealed, knives and guns into bars. Hell, you could even drive down the road with an open container, as long as you weren't drunk if the DPS pulled you over.