7/15 Pub Club at the Kort Haus

Greg_W

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

RCW prohibits carry in bars, bro. I'll be there to meet you, though.

Just curious, Greg_W... is that true, even with a CWP? It would seem logical to prohibit weaponry in a drinking establishment, but I just don't know what the limits are on a CWP. Your response appreciated.

sobo said:

Greg_W said:

Just curious, Greg_W... is that true, even with a CWP? It would seem logical to prohibit weaponry in a drinking establishment, but I just don't know what the limits are on a CWP. Your response appreciated.

CWP or no, the RCW prevents guns in bars. To me, this is a bullshit move to restrict carry, but whatever. I obey the laws.

YEAH AND I AM SURE AFTER WE ALL HAVE HAD SEVERAL DRINKS WE ARE FIT TO HANDLE A GUN, LET ALONE OUR VEHICLES.

LETS SEE, COMMON AILMENT THAT COMES WITH DRINKING IS STUPID BLIND RAGE. HMM, I HAVE A GUN ON MY SIDE, I SHOULD JUST KILL THEM.

MAKES SENSE TO ME.

WHEN YOU SEE A BIG TRUCK OR A HOT CHICK OR ANOTHER GUN, DO YOU RUB YOURS TILL IT STICKS OUT A LITTLE BIT OR DOES THE GUN COMPENSATE FOR THAT NATURALLY?

hahaha.gif

Greg_W said:

sobo said:

Greg_W said:

CWP or no, the RCW prevents guns in bars. To me, this is a bullshit move to restrict carry, but whatever. I obey the laws.

I agree it's bullshit. I'd love to whip my firearm out in a bar anytime someone looks at me the wrong way, intentionally or not spills a beer on me, beats me at pool, or hits on my lady. KABOOM muthafucka!

Greg_W said:

You're more wacko than I thought!!! I'm glad you obey the laws, though.

See you there .. at the KortHaus-I mean Alki-no I mean the KortHaus!

erik said:

YEAH AND I AM SURE AFTER WE ALL HAVE HAD SEVERAL DRINKS WE ARE FIT TO HANDLE A GUN, LET ALONE OUR VEHICLES.

LETS SEE, COMMON AILMENT THAT COMES WITH DRINKING IS STUPID BLIND RAGE. HMM, I HAVE A GUN ON MY SIDE, I SHOULD JUST KILL THEM.

MAKES SENSE TO ME.

WHEN YOU SEE A BIG TRUCK OR A HOT CHICK OR ANOTHER GUN, DO YOU RUB YOURS TILL IT STICKS OUT A LITTLE BIT OR DOES THE GUN COMPENSATE FOR THAT NATURALLY?

hahaha.gif

You are funny, Erik. Speak of yourself only, Erik, don't ever speak for me. You're fucked up; I'm glad you know what's best for me, 'cause I'd never figure it out myself. hellno3d.gif Keep your all-capital letter unintelligible bullshit for those it works on.

Greg_W said:

erik said:

seems to have worked on you. you repsonded!

RAGE! yelrotflmao.gif

As a gun owner and a believer in freedom, I feel it necessary to address blatant ignorance when I see it. THAT is why I responded.

I agree. These liberals only know freedom when they're staring down the barrel of a shotgun. the_finger.gif

RuMR said:

Greg_W said:

JGowans said:

bring yer gun. i'll be there.

Don't you have some panties to wash??? fruit.gif

Stole your sister's; I'm good for the week.

This may be out of date:

Local Watering Hole Serves up Far-out Food

By error: no such author bad author code

2001-02-08 19:23:05 -- "Got a Pabst?"

"No, how about a Bud or Rainier?"

"No Pabst?"

"Nope, nobody drinks 'em anymore."

I ordered a Heineken and thought about microbrews. Must we define our hipness by the damn beer we drink? I didn't think long--why waste brain power when there's a perfectly fine Heineken in front of you?

One thing was true. I'd been in this place before. I'd been there in Honeoye, New York and Austin, Texas, been there in Fort Myers, Florida and Yachats, Oregon. This was the sort of neighborhood bar that coulda been anyplace; neon beer signs, nicotine-soaked walls, a coupla pool tables, mismatched tables and chairs, a game on the TV, and a few regulars sitting around the semi-horseshoe-shaped bar.

I started asking questions. Turns out the Kort Haus bartender was also the Kort Haus owner, Ed Warrington. Ed had some stories to tell. He grew up in Rat City (White Center) and has owned the Kort Haus for 20 years. Before that, he did 13 years in the Army. He'd been a drill sergeant, worked in computers, and finished up as a recruiter in Fresno. Got three medals and still wears his vintage 1968 combat boots because they're comfortable and, well, they're still in good shape. He's married, has six kids and five grandchildren, and is a hardball umpire all over the city during baseball season. This is a man you can't help but like, the kind of guy that makes a place like this endure. He told me the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce is about to give him an award, for what he's not sure....

Ed offered me another Heineken and I couldn't refuse. I asked about the menu. He smiled and said, "Well, the only thing that's not on the board is black bear."

"Black bear?" I queried.

Seems a while back, Ed decided to offer exotic meat burgers as a joke. He thought it was funny, but it sorta backfired, because the customers loved it! The Kort Haus now offers (in addition to beef burgers) ostrich, buffalo, kangaroo, elk, venison, alligator and, of course, the infamous black bear. The rest of the menu is traditional pub stuff, sandwiches and a few entrees, including a nice steak, as well as fish and chips. Oh, and last summer, the Kort Haus became a cocktail lounge, so its "tavern" status is history.

The Kort Haus does music too, open mikes on every other Tuesday and Kimball Conant and the Fugitives every other Saturday. There's no cover charge, and Ed doesn't raise the drink prices. As my eyebrows lift, he smiles and says, "I do it as sort of a gift to my customers. Besides, I like it."

Well gee.

By then it was 6:30. The second Heineken was gone, the stories were told and Frank Sinatra was on the jukebox singing "My Way." I figured it was time to make my own--way, that is. Driving home, I decided the lack of Pabst was okay. A beer is a beer is a beer. It's the place that matters.

Kort Haus, 6732 Greenwood Avenue North (206) 782-3575.

RuMR said:

HA...you're a bitch!! HAHAHAHA boxing_smiley.gifrolleyes.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Hope they fit well... maybe erik can help you get ahead on that laundry so you can get out next week???????

You are pencilled in for Thursday afternoon. I'm having spandex climbing pants custom made with Chris Sharma's face embroidered on my ass. the_finger.gif