Aconagua Partners

mtnsos

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JGowans said:

Mendoza rockband.gif!

...stay away from the bus station though thumbs_down.gif or keep a damn good eye on your bags at all times.

The bus station here is no different (sketchier) than any other 3rd world country. I was impressed that the buses were on time and clean and comfy. For US$9.60 a ticket from Mendoza to Penitentes, I was pretty amazed.

I'd advise going early in the season (mid-Dec) to beat the crowds and take advantage of more snow still coving up the choss on the route. That sidde of the peak is getting more popular and doesn't handle the crowds well IMO.

ehmmic said:

JGowans said:

Mendoza rockband.gif!

...stay away from the bus station though thumbs_down.gif or keep a damn good eye on your bags at all times.

The bus station here is no different (sketchier) than any other 3rd world country. I was impressed that the buses were on time and clean and comfy. For US$9.60 a ticket from Mendoza to Penitentes, I was pretty amazed.

I'd advise going early in the season (mid-Dec) to beat the crowds and take advantage of more snow still coving up the choss on the route. That sidde of the peak is getting more popular and doesn't handle the crowds well IMO.

Yeah, the buses do run on time, and the sweet sticky tea they give you is all good, but they smoke like chimneys and the panhandlers are everywhere.

Bring me back a few bottles of Malbec!

is "campo base " still open in mendoza ? that was a small

place to stay few minutes away from city center.it was full of adventure folks staying there.and as far as party town ? i think santiago is much better on the way out,

you can have your own private festival at any time.