Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
scott_johnston

Slesse Pocket Glacier Beta??

Recommended Posts

Has anyone been on the pocket glacier used as an approach to the NE Butt. of Mt Slesse this summer? I've used this approach before but want any current or recent route info. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was told it was casual a couple weeks ago but who knows what its like now rolleyes.gif or if its even there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry at marmot was there and said that it fell of on monday night but that there were still remnants falling of during the night.

 

We will be there tommarrow and will get back with an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flatland said:

Jerry at marmot was there and said that it fell of on monday night but that there were still remnants falling of during the night.

 

We will be there tommarrow and will get back with an update.

It slid Saturday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My partner and I approached the NE Buttress early morning Saturday and heard 90% of the pocket glacier go sliding off in oblivion. We continued approaching the route and crossed to the notch between the pocket glacier and propeller cairn. The remaining 10% of the glacier threatened the slabs below so we choose to bail. There were also two big "fins" of snow guarding the ramp leading to the NE butt. so as far as we could tell the "complete" was the only way to go. Shouldn't take long to clear up completely though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It slid Friday night, Saturday morning, and Monday, huh.

 

With staying power like that all the girls will want some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is a pocket glacier a glacier any more than a pocket gopher is a gopher snaf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

word is, the pocket glacier slid off today. it will also slide off tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait..........nobody post here until drul does.

 

he always knows!

 

hahaha.gifrolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i skipped it. it is a drilled pocket manufactured by crazed sport climbers, not a natural pocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All beta points to easier. What are you waiting for? A Star magazine update! rolleyes.gif

 

If you can't get to the bypass then do the direct. I think the notch approach is lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×