my poor shoes

carolyn

I have a pair of mythos and They just dont stick like they used to. In fact, no matter how often I wipe the dirt off or rub them together they still slide out from me more often then they used to.

Yes, I know my footwork probly isnt anywhere near perfect. The shoes honestly dont seem to perform as well as they used to. They arent ready for a resole quite yet. Im hoping to make it through the season, or at least until I can afford a secondary shoe.

Someone mentioned taking light sandpaper to them. Is this a stupid idea? Or could it help solve the problem short term?

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soak the soles in rubbing alcohol and then flame them when almost dry. this will slightl;y melt the rubber resulting in greater grip just like the race car drivers smoking their tires before the F1 start.

wink.gif & see how many we get with this one

snoboy said:

...or alcohol to clean them off.

alchohol?! Brillliant! I rubbed some of my beer into them last night. Should do the trick, eh?;)

Just kidding.

I will try one or the other before I climb today.

I might skip dru's idea, though rolleyes.gif

Carolyn:

Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover from the auto parts store. Been using it for years. Spray on the soles, let sit for a minute and wipe off. Leaves the soles clean and nice and sticky.

By the way, I grew up in So. Minneapolis. Was back a few years ago and found the climbing along the No. shore of Lake Superior to be really fun.

Figger_Eight said:

Dru said:

i dunno carolyn, calling American beer alcohol is pretty generous!

Are you kidding me? Canadian beer is the same as the same as having sex in a canoe...they're both fucking close to water. fruit.gif

funny, that is a canadian joke about american beer you have just reversed...

and sex in a canoe is a canadian national pastime! along with hockey and beating up american campers! boxing_smiley.gif

THe alcohol prep pads from my first aid kit and a bit of sand paper did wonders for my shoes (and my climbing) today.

Thanks again.

Oldclimber...Im going to keep your idea in mind. Im sure they are going to need plenty of maintenance until I can afford a new pair. I actually live in s mpls...probly not far from where you grew up. Give me a holler if your ever out this way again. The N.shore is amazing, eh?! smile.gif