New pictures up

jon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh heh..

You're talking to someone who will hike up to something that they could have ridden a chair lift to... why? to make me better and stronger and prepare me for some of the long Lillooet slog fests...

I love Tieton. Vantage is too crowded other than weekdays. I love ice climbing, and do it as much as I can! and, if it's not raining, I'm totally game for Index. Just tell me when and where, Cavey...

As for Smith, I've never been, as the people I used to climb with didn't think I'd have a good time 'cause the climbs are all too hard. But, do want to go smile.gif" border="0 It looks pretty darn cool... (from that picture, which started this conversation) wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by icegirl:
heh heh..

As for Smith, I've never been, as the people I used to climb with didn't think I'd have a good time 'cause the climbs are all too hard. But, do want to go
smile.gif" border="0
It looks pretty darn cool... (from that picture, which started this conversation)
wink.gif" border="0

Smith has so many moderates. People are not telling the truth. Either way drive all those hours is usually not necessary to be productive in WA is what I am saying. But if you have never been there go check it out. I am not a Smith lover..

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:
Icegirl -Smith has some very good, if not excellent, moderate climbs. Many are "trad" but there are plenty of them and they tend to be less crowded than the sport climbs. Don't let your "friends" fool you. -Matt

Zebra/Zion is a must do...And don't forget to check out the gorge while you are there.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

Zebra/Zion is a must do...And don't forget to check out the gorge while you are there.

ditto on zebra.

but as far as the gorge goes there are not too many 'moderates' there, but it still rocks the rest of smith...

Back to the new pix up, I see lots of butt shots. Hey folks take the camera up the climb with you and take head shots. it makes ID ing people you meet at the pub easier. except daisy i would like to see a butt shot there tongue.gif" border="0

ha i beat trask to that comment grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
Back to the new pix up, I see lots of butt shots. Hey folks take the camera up the climb with you and take head shots. it makes ID ing people you meet at the pub easier. except daisy i would like to see a butt shot there
tongue.gif" border="0

ha i beat trask to that comment
grin.gif" border="0

True, but it's a shallow victory. Now that I've had Daisy, she no longer interests me. I've got a stink eye for Icegirl. Battle Cage Caveman!

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: trask ]

Some of those butt shots....they ain't butt shots. They's just some butt-ugly head shots, folks climbing feet first. Feet first. It's the latest rage. Folks is bored of the sit-start thing, bored of speed ascents, bored of comps, bored of pad-totin', crimper-scrubbin', meat-doobie-inhalin' boulder hoppers. Feet first. It's hip. All the kids are talkin' 'bout it.

BTW, let me echo the praises for our hard-workin' moderators. Commence with a round of BJ's for brother Jon.

RUMOR...RUMOR....RUMOR....RUMOR.......I heard that photos from the top-secret Cirque Expedition were leaked, and that one or more of these classified photographs might appear on this site. Stay logged for the latest developments.....as they develop.

Ropegun,

Hey, I may not have climbed at smith, but I'm a damn fine belayer... (and still looking for a ropegun) I trade belays for education grin.gif" border="0

Cavey,

I've not climbed index either, so I'll be holding you to that offer of that "educating" as soon as the ice goes away.

Trask-y....

Behave wink.gif" border="0

Hmmm. Pub club at Index. Pub club at Tieton, there's already the Lillooet Drink fest, Smith trip for Icegirl's education?