Best PNW town

JGowans

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second Anacortes, WA. A nice small town feel, but with all the amenities, good weather, sailing, fishing, close to the North Cascades, friendly, with good weather because of the rain shadow. One or two brew pubs, all the burbs have views of the Sound. Not that I could afford to live there.

Y'all are some decisive dudes. I moved here 2 years ago, and can't figure out what places I don't like. I would definitely go with the 2 house thing tho' -- somewhere in the San Juans or the Olympics (or Seattle, hell, can't go wrong here) for the winter (but I'm not a snowbunny yet) and somewhere just east of the Cascades in the spring/fall (there's just something about the sagebrush steppe that I love). Summer is for going as many places as you possibly can!

fruit.gif

I grew up in Anacortes and wouldn't trade the time I spent there for anything in the world. Virtually anything you can imagine doing can be done in A-town (with the exception of ice climbing I'm quite certain). Its got a great vibe to it as well.

I'd also add Coeur D'Alene, ID to the list. It doesn't have the outdoorsy vibe to it (too many hicks and tourons) but it is in a great location with way too many choices of things to do.

Ahh, and yes the Candian Rockies.....they Rock to say the least....and oh how I wish I didn't have a girlfriend everytime I hear the sweet sound of a beautiful french canadian mountain girl.

'Tis Oregon City that is or at least was home to a restaurant called (or at least advertising -- the story is old and second-hand) The Worst Food in Oregon. DFA's dad and several of his friends passed through on the way home from a river trip. Apparently the place lived up to its title, with one member of the group receiving his grilled cheese completely black on one side and completely un-grilled on the other. yellaf.gif

bunglehead said:

bunglehead said:

Boring, Oregon. The name says it all.

What does 12 year old a girl from Prineville say after she's done having sex?

"You crushed my smokes, dad" hahaha.gif

Beat ya to it Muffy! smirk.gif

Great name for a town, and it really is boring there.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifthats what I get for only reading the last page of a thred wink.gif