i'll trade a #3 camalot for #3.5 forged friend

cappellini

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cpt.Caveman said:

Norsky said:

Name one granite route where tri cams are essential without a hairy run out.

Ahhh, gotta to go wash my hair now.

Name one route where a hairy runout is necessary with a flex #3 camalot.

That's the real question.

Norsky said:

What the hell? Have y'all ever whipped on a horizontally placed forged? I have not and that's why I'm still around.

Yep, many times, and I'm still around. Any foo' knows that if ya got solid shank cams, that you sling it trough the hole in the shank that's closest to the cams. Reduces the moment arm (leverage) thereby reducing the chance of snapping the shank. I've still got (and use) my first set of WC Friends (ca. 1985) that have seen many a whoppin'whipper, and no broken shanks (or bones) yet! wave.gif

wow you guys are bored...norsky i suggest you learn a few things about the art of placing gear, go buy a book or something ...dru get a job ....ray i'm calling your boss...and as for the others as clueless as norsky forged is rigid, put a piece of cord on the stem for horizontals, and a set of friends contains more cams than a set of camalots and they weigh about half as much...oh yea ounce for ounce a wider range with one cam is still only one cam....and yes i have fallen on all the shit you've mentioned......its not the gear its the placement..........class dismissed moon.gifmoon.gif

cappellini said:

...and as for the others as clueless as norsky forged is rigid, put a piece of cord on the stem for horizontals... blah blah blah ...and yes i have fallen on all the shit you've mentioned......its not the gear its the placement...

Didn't i say the same thing above? And you're calling me clueless... rolleyes.gif

sobo said:

Norsky said:

What the hell? Have y'all ever whipped on a horizontally placed forged? I have not and that's why I'm still around.

Yep, many times, and I'm still around. Any foo' knows that if ya got solid shank cams, that you sling it trough the hole in the shank that's closest to the cams. Reduces the moment arm (leverage) thereby reducing the chance of snapping the shank. I've still got (and use) my first set of WC Friends (ca. 1985) that have seen many a whoppin'whipper, and no broken shanks (or bones) yet! wave.gif

alot of these west coasters don't know that trick...you gots to have come up on eastern quartzite...hahahaha

RuMR said:

sobo said:

Norsky said:

alot of these west coasters don't know that trick...you gots to have come up on eastern quartzite...hahahaha

You betcha! Learned that one at Looking Glass Rock in NC, before I got tri-cams. Gotta love those "eyebrows", eh? thumbs_up.gif

I'm an old school west coaster and we all knew that you had to tie in an extra loop of cord for those hrizontal friend placements too.

and WTF! I've fallen on many tricam and short-tied friend placements that held and were cleanable afterwards.

Oh- and there is no way in hell i'm going to trade out my forged friends smile.gifwave.gif