Help a girl out -- need partners.

maryk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers

started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

makes me wonder how many quit the sport when the relationship ends.

Being one of the four guess I'll fess up...

Yes, I started w/ an old boyfriend -- but it wasn't his idea to climb together, it was mine!

We met whitewater kayaking. I'd had an interest in trying climbing but was spending all my time on the river so I didn't persue it. When I found out he climbed I twisted his arm about a half a centimeter and got him to take me. Hooked from the start! We spent the rest of the summer in a fantasyland of paddling, climbing, and mountain biking... Then I broke it off.

Kept climbing, though. Quicly started building my own rack and got myself leading. A couple of boyfriends later... I fell for a guy who didn't climb, so I got him into it. (This redeems me from having my earlier boyfriend get me into it, right? tongue.gif)

maryk said:

It's hard to tell the ladies from the studs around here in email-land...

Me - I actually climbed a handful of times here and there in my younger days (now I've got you wondering my age, don't I?), and was pretty much terrified. Elvis leg, pumped arms and the whole bit. I never thought I'd be "a climber." But now, ??, I could go off on an eloquent tangent about how it sucked me in. I still flail, but I like it, and I had a great teacher (who is very safe!).

Hey Ladies - anyone ever try breaking away from the boys here every once in a while?? A ladies only bigdrink.gif PC?? It might be worthwhile sometime. yelrotflmao.gif

let me know... grin.gif up until this year I have always managed to take one girls only smiff weekend. I would love to continue the tradition... Anna , Kitten, Minx, SayJay, ChrisT, MaryLou, TLG, IceGirl we can all get along for a cupple of days can't we? cool.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

maryk said:

Hey Ladies - anyone ever try breaking away from the boys here every once in a while?? A ladies only bigdrink.gif PC?? It might be worthwhile sometime. yelrotflmao.gif

let me know... grin.gif up until this year I have always managed to take one girls only smiff weekend. I would love to continue the tradition... Anna , Kitten, Minx, SayJay, ChrisT, MaryLou, TLG, IceGirl we can all get along for a cupple of days can't we? cool.gif

Can't i come too? I'm a giiirl!

If we are fessing up, it wasn't a boy that got me into climbing it was a Rock Gym. I met my boyfriend climbing... and he's my most of the time partner. He's done a lot of mentoring me towards climbing in the hills, though. I also inherited a lot of gear.... which is always nice!

As far as looking for partners, i like climbing w/ the boys, but i'm on a mission to climb with some other gals, infact i'm heading into the mountains with one of them tonight.

So, i'd be be up for some climbing in the mountains, or an after work cragging session... i just have odd days off. Thurs/Fri's, makes it more difficult to find partners.

Don't be disscouraged by the clowns -- they're all harmless, well except for Greg, he's packin' heat! grin.gif

MtnChicken said:

Rattle away.

Man, i didn't mean to kill the thread. Nobody likes me... frown.gif Poor me.... cry.gif

DOn't know well sweetheart - but I'll climb with you. smirk.gif

We just have to match busy schedules - maybe do a 'girlie thang'. wave.gif

IM SELLING THE TICKETS!!

YOU HAVE TO BE THIS --------

--------------------------------------- TALL TO ENTER!