Help a girl out -- need partners.

maryk

Howdy. I'm new here, so y'all be nice! To make a long story short, I've been learning to climb for the last several months, spending a good bit of time of many different types of rock and routes. Unfortunately, my climbing partner/teacher was also my boyfriend, and we recently broke-up (and even more awkward is that he's a known member of this site, but I'll leave the mystery to you to figure out). Anyway, I want to continue climbing, I'm a quick learner, and I've got no one to climb with. Here's what I can tell you about my climbing experience. If mystery man is up to it, he can vouch (or not) for me in personal messages to you.

I've done sport and trad routes (mostly trad). I'm totally comfortable and, I think, trust-worthy belaying others. I've done a variety of routes including steep faces and all kinds of cracks, but I'm still a novice and still struggle on some 8s and 9s depending on the day and the rock (solid on 5.6 and 5.7 at this point). I've mostly done single pitches, but lately I began doing multi-pitch climbs, including the 5.8, 8 pitch route of S. Early Winters Spire. My skill level increases with each climb, and I'm fairly strong (for a girl!). I've not lead a climb yet - I'm comfortable removing gear and following, of course. Personality-wise: I think I'm pretty easy-going and friendly, but you be the judge of that. :-) Any help, advice, resources or offers to climb are appreciated. My schedule is fairly flexible.

Many Thanks -- MaryK

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

Greg_W said:

Here we go again...Erik just went into overdrive. yellaf.gif

Good luck, sweetie.

yellaf.gif

GREG YOU ARE THE LAST HOT CHICK I AM EVER GOING TO CLIMB WITH....HOW DARE YOU KISS AND TELL!!!

hahaha.gif

Well, you didn't even buy me dinner first. You cad!!!

RuMR said:

kewl!

Kyle, maybe FH and RG will show too...Jdog's in also...

Oh, man. What am I getting myself into?

BTW, sorry about spraying on your thread, Mary. There's just something about Mary...I don't know what it is.

maryk said:

Unfortunately, my climbing partner/teacher was also my boyfriend, and we recently broke-up (and even more awkward is that he's a known member of this site, but I'll leave the mystery to you to figure out).

Look, I'll state one last time, it is *not* unreasonable for me to request blow jobs at belays! I made it simple...I teach, you blow! madgo_ron.gif Good luck finding a new partner...

JoshK said:

maryk said:

Unfortunately, my climbing partner/teacher was also my boyfriend, and we recently broke-up (and even more awkward is that he's a known member of this site, but I'll leave the mystery to you to figure out).

Look, I'll state one last time, it is *not* unreasonable for me to request blow jobs at belays! I made it simple...I teach, you blow! madgo_ron.gif Good luck finding a new partner...

Have some respect for the girl, asshole.

Greg_W said:

JoshK said:

maryk said:

Have some respect for the girl, asshole.

BWAHHAHAHA...oh man, I just lost it. hahaha.gif Respect, from greg, the perfect gentleman. I forgot, no joking, spraying, insulting or any horseplay on cc.com. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Gees - I better figure out how to use this freakin' website - y'all operate fast!

How did y'all know I was a cutie AND a sweetie?! ;-)

Sorry, just had to stoke the fire. Seriously tho', I'm looking for partners (not jokers!). Banter back and forth all you want - if you want to talk to me one on one, PM me.

Later potaters - some of us have work to do...