Help a girl out -- need partners.

maryk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers

started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

makes me wonder how many quit the sport when the relationship ends.

hope maryk finds what she is looking for wave.gif

minx said:

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

For me, it was actually the other way around. I saw a good friend take a ground fall soloing. I had no desire to climb after watching him bounce off the deck ... until I saw Muffy on the rock with appropriate gear and the such.

jkrueger said:

minx said:

this does make me wonder what proportion of female climbers started climbing w/their boyfriends or b/c of their boyfriends.

For me, it was actually the other way around. I saw a good friend take a ground fall soloing. I had no desire to climb after watching him bounce off the deck ... until I saw Muffy on the rock with appropriate gear and the such.

thumbs_up.gif

my ISO started climbing b/c i needed a partner and most of my friends had "retired"

i'm curious b/c i've met several women lately who started climbing b/c of their boyfriends.

It's hard to tell the ladies from the studs around here in email-land...

Me - I actually climbed a handful of times here and there in my younger days (now I've got you wondering my age, don't I?), and was pretty much terrified. Elvis leg, pumped arms and the whole bit. I never thought I'd be "a climber." But now, ??, I could go off on an eloquent tangent about how it sucked me in. I still flail, but I like it, and I had a great teacher (who is very safe!).

Hey Ladies - anyone ever try breaking away from the boys here every once in a while?? A ladies only bigdrink.gif PC?? It might be worthwhile sometime. yelrotflmao.gif