• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"its not so bad being trendy

everyone who looks like me is my friend

please don't hate me cuz i'm trendy

they're not gonna laugh at me again!"

aren't cruiser bikes dem things people like to ride around quaint little downtown parks in? i'm guessing they are a nice comfy ride, and cheaper cuz you don't have to buy a matching jersey/spando outfit to ride it. you just need a pair of chacos, a flava sava tuft of hair below your lip, and, well you get my point

There was a sweet bike at the foot of Rocky Butte you could check out. We also saw some excellent "vinatge" clothing, several "used" mattresses, many "recycled" bottles and tons of "shared" needles. That place is a freakin' gold mine.

Actually I was more thinking of this guy

peewee.jpg

and here's some info about Pee Wee and his bike:

The highlight of Pee-Wee Herman's life is his red bicycle which he treats as another persona. When it is stolen, Pee-Wee is heart broken and seeks help from the police who give useless advice. Haunted by the images of bicycles, Pee-Wee stumbles upon a fortune teller who, incorrectly, sends him on a journey to a basement in the Alamo for his bicycle. After a long trip, filled with changes of transportation and various characters, Pee-Wee is horrified to find out that the Alamo has no basement - the fortune teller had ripped him off.

Later Pee-Wee has an accident and ends up in the hospital where he sees his bicycle on the television being presented to a child-actor for a new film.

This leads Pee-Wee to the Universal Studios where he steals back his bicycle and is chased through many different soundstages.

After finally making an amazing escape, Pee-Wee spots a burning petshop and has no other option but to save the animals. He is arrested after he passes out in front of the store.

However, Pee-Wee gets out of the situation when a studio-executive is convinced that his story would make a good movie and turns it into an action thriller. The story ends with everyone who Pee-Wee encountered during his adventure showing up for the film's premier at a local drive-in.

sobo said:

Just out of curiosity... why would anyone want a cruiser bike? confused.gif

Am I missing out on some great new form of Babe Magnet or something?

Yes you are. I'll be using it for commuting to work which is a fairly flat 5Km from my place to my office. I don't need a mountain bike, and since everyone and their granny has one, what's wrong with being a wee bit different? Moreover, I had a Specialized Rockhopper that was stolen from a bike rack inside my condo building. I can't imagine anyone would want to steal a beach cruiser. Also, I wanted to get a Harley but have decided on something a bit more economical smile.gif

Enough info?

Bikesmith on 45th in Walllford might have something. Don't get one that looks too much like the real thing from the 50s, they are worth serious $$$$$$ Another idea is to get a rigid frame MT bike. Put slicks, rack and fenders on it and no one will waste there time stealing it.

Edited by Dave_Schuldt